Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/21/2005 9:16:20 PM EDT
I never got to catch a final word on the pistol buffers.... are they good bad?  worth it not worth it? Which one should I get and why?   I don't have a B/BC/CH for my build yet, so If I need to buy one with a buffer system, no problem.....

BTW, this is a for a 7" build of mine with pigtail gas tube - first build with that.

Any and all help appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:45:24 PM EDT
[#1]
i want to build a pistol too with the 7" bbl and use the pigtail gastube to help with the gas.
from what i have followed in the threads the best and surest is the ace pistol buffer tube,

others are hit and miss.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Go with the CAR buffer tube.  Easy availability, parts interchange, and they work.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I used the ACE pistol buffer tube.  It has been working just fine.  I got it from ACE because a certain retailer was trying to charge me $75.00 for it when ACE charges $57.00 for a complete pistol tube.  The people at ACE where a pleasure to deal with.  I thought about the CAR buffer tube, but you'd have to do something to it so that it wouldn't be able to accept a stock.  If you have one laying around or can buy one cheap, then that may be the way to go.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I used the ACE pistol buffer tube.  It has been working just fine.  I got it from ACE because a certain retailer was trying to charge me $75.00 for it when ACE charges $57.00 for a complete pistol tube.  The people at ACE where a pleasure to deal with.  I thought about the CAR buffer tube, but you'd have to do something to it so that it wouldn't be able to accept a stock.  If you have one laying around or can buy one cheap, then that may be the way to go.

i might have to order straight from ace too.

if you paid that much then someone here is trying to make a killing off one item
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top