Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/21/2005 2:41:00 PM EDT
I am getting back from college this week, and will be spending the summer with some family in the Lexington,KY area, and am thinking about getting around to buying my first AR15. I was wondering if anyone here could quote some good price ranges for  both the Colt LE6920 and  the Bushmaster M4A3 flat-top so I don't get screwed over. What are some good online dealers to purchase from, if any? In addition, if anyone here is from the Lexington area and knows of some good prices at the local dealers, I would appreciate if you could inform me of them.

thanks

P.S. it is my understanding that due to the AWB sunset, there has been a lot of demand for AR15s and their accessories and that it may take a while to get a rifle; am I going to be able to, if I have to order the rifle from manufacturer, get it before I have to go back to college for the fall, or if I am out of luck in that regard.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#1]
A Colt M4 will set you back about $450.00 more than a Bushy M4A3 or a Rock River Entry Tactical. I would spend the $800.00 or so for a Bushy or RRA, and take the extra $450 that you would have spent on a Colt and use it to buy ammunition to improve your shooting skills with.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Build your own. It will help you understand how to maintain your AR, troubleshoot if somethings wrong, you'll appreciate your rifle more and in the end, it will be cheaper.

You don't need any special tools, and theres an entire forum here dedicated to helpign people do it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:24:49 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for both of these guy's advice

if you know the AR, just build your own--if not, get a stock RRA or bushy and learn from it

a BUSHMASTER or RRA would run you ~$850 or so

check out the industry board for some great folks to get AR accessories, kits, parts, etc

aimsurplus.com (great company to deal with) might still have some bushies for a good price

and WELCOME to the site!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top