Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/21/2005 11:01:36 AM EDT
I'm looking for a black or green A1 buttstock, but I can't find one with the tube.

Will the standard rifle length tube work or is it a different length???  

Does it take the standard rifle length buffer and spring???

Anyone who has the knowledge please let me know so I can finish my project...

THANKS!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm looking for a black or green A1 buttstock, but I can't find one with the tube.

Will the standard rifle length tube work or is it a different length??? Yes.  

Does it take the standard rifle length buffer and spring??? Yes.

Anyone who has the knowledge please let me know so I can finish my project...

THANKS!!!

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#2]
NYPatriot is correct.

Basically, the buffer system (tube, spring, and buffer) on the A1 stocks are interchangeable with the A2’s that are now the “standard.” When the military switched to the A2 stocks, they simply added a spacer between the buffer tube and the buttplate to make up for the increased length; just don’t install this spacer.

The only compatibility issue you might have is that you will need either a short (A1-style) Buttplate Screw, or you will need to cut down a standard length (longer, A2-style) one because the A2 Buttplate Screw was lengthened because of the abovementioned spacer.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!  That will help me out with money as I already have the buffer and spring.  Now I just need the tube and the stock!  Thanks again!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top