Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2005 2:45:28 PM EDT
I know that there have already been (probably) hundreds of photos of this weapon posted on here, but this one is different, it's mine!  I feel like I am a member of a special club now, hehe, been wanting one of these for sooo long (been lurking here a long time too!).

http://staff.codboards.com/img/carbon15-1.jpg

http://staff.codboards.com/img/carbon15-2.jpg

http://staff.codboards.com/img/carbon15-3.jpg

That last photo I just threw in there because I know you all are a bunch of damn gun nuts.  Plus I thought they go with the Bushy pretty well, esp that FN...

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:06:48 PM EDT
[#1]
welcome to the addiction, BTW nice family photo.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeh, no kidding, for some reason I find myself wanting to buy another, and wanting to add unneccessary attachments to this one.  I know I should do the searching myself, but aside from being lazy I don't know much about these guns yet other than that they are cool looking and fun to shoot.  Anyone wanna suggest any attachments for this model?  I'd like to get a light/laser and a acog style scope for the top...  Pardon my ignorance.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#3]
if your first, shoot it get familiar with it, then buy plenty of ammo and mags. then the world is your oyster and figure out what it is intended for in your world. and the next thing you can do is ACCESSORIZE. good score happy shooting. STU
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Good advice stu.  I'm not in the military nor am I Law Enforcement, although I have friends in SF and LE.  I will probably get flamed for saying this, but the only practical application I can think of for this weapon (in my life anyways) is protection from perhaps an entire gang of outlaw bikers.

So what AR should I get next?  I'd like to get a RRA and a Colt 6920 in the near future.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#5]
get what ever your drawn to, i myself have a few full lenght 20 in" battle rifles. your first foray into the AR15, play with what you have first then delve into other facets of the game. the M4s' can't be beat whoever is the maker, and i could draw flames on this one. but you have to work within what the particular rifle is intended for and the fun factor. get the family involved, or the wife or girlfriend.  not to sound like an exstremist on the last post . but i think of its' intended purpose. i to have family in L.E. and learned from them. STU  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice set of irons
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Practical Application!?

Who cares about practicality, have fun with it. Pacticality is over-rated. Impracticality is fun (think Beta C-mag)

Besides, If you think one AR is impractical, you're already infected, because you said you already want another

Now, just get out and get shooting. Worry about the expensive toys later.

Learn how the rifle works, how the iron sites work, and how you work with it.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice blaster CyberSEAL

My wife has a Carbon 15 as well, except that hers is the "Lady" edition with the stainless barrel and pretty paint job. She has enjoyed the hell out of hers
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not worried about being practical either, hehe, I was just making a joke about its usefulness in self-defense... So now I know what a Beta C mag is, I had seen them before but didn't know their name.  You guys think they will be banned eventually?  I've heard people say it's only a matter of time with them.  Sorry, don't mean to send the thread off-topic, would like to hear some opinions though...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top