Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/30/2005 10:00:24 AM EDT
I am needing a selector for my RRA that only protrudes from the right side of the rifle.  I don't want an ambi as when I shoot the selector switch grinds on the first knuckle of my left hand.  Short of buying an ambi and grinding off the left side, does anyone have any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 10:06:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Only thing I can think of would be to take a reguler selector (you can find em pretty cheap)and cut the lever off smooth and reattach it to the right side of the selector.
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#2]
You could buy an Ambi selector and cut the left side off, that would be the easiest way.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Not at $30 for an ambi, just to cut it up.
I just bought 2 selectors on the EE for $7 shipped.
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/1/2005 12:07:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the same problem.
Olympic arms made reversable safetys. Both my Oly AR,s safteys are now left-hand only.
Ask Oly if they still make them, check the EE, or have a local gunsmith mill in the detent slot.
Link Posted: 5/1/2005 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am needing a selector for my RRA that only protrudes from the right side of the rifle.....  does anyone have any ideas?

WildlandFirefighter, email me your mailing address, and I'll send you a selector that I have machined to be reversable (left or right side).
No charge from another lefty.

BTW- semi selector no FA, I hope that is what you need.
Link Posted: 5/1/2005 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Unimog, you are the man... EMail sent...
Link Posted: 5/1/2005 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#8]
JP is making a reversible selector now, but they want $40 for it!  It will be cheaper for me to get ambi selectors and grind on them than buy this thing from JP.  www.jprifles.com/TriggerParts.html

I shoot my rifles lefty (I'm right handed though) and I've only got one ambi selector (which I don't like.)  The problem with the ambi selector is the part that sticks out for your thumb on the off side hits my hand at the top, so it isn't always easy to switch modes.  I just need to figure out a way to get it done cheaply, since I've got 3 rifles to outfit.

Unimog,
  If you could share how yours were machined to work, I can probably have someone local make some for me.  I've got a bunch of lefty friends too who wouldn't mind outfitting their rifles.

On a somewhat related note, I'm not 100% satisfied with the Norgon catch either.  I just can't get enough pressure on the little button to drop a mag unless the bolt is locked back.  I think I'm going to have it drilled and tapped for a small paddle to be added to increase the leverage.
Link Posted: 5/1/2005 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got ambi selectors on all my AR's. I simple cut the left side down to about 1/2 its normal length. This way, it doesn't hit my knuckle and a right hander can still operate it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2005 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've got ambi selectors on all my AR's. I simple cut the left side down to about 1/2 its normal length. This way, it doesn't hit my knuckle and a right hander can still operate it.

Hmmm, I might have to give that a try.  Where is my Dremel ARFCOM precision milling machine??
Link Posted: 5/2/2005 4:12:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Ordered a standard saftey about 6 months ago from Fulton Armory and what I received was a unit that could be used on either side of the receiver.  Can't remember what I payed for it but I know it was in line with standard ones.

Bill
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top