Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/13/2005 5:32:26 PM EDT
With the buyers club discount these are only 150$ from the guide....

I'm in the process of collecting parts for a real accurate AR and was thinking of one of htese 'drop in's.

I've never touched or fired a two-stage trigger... should i go for single or two stage when i get this?

I HAVE, on teh other hand, fondled striaght triggers and LOVE them, so that's that on that!  

but one stage or two?
Link Posted: 4/13/2005 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#1]
i have always liked the two stage on accurate rifles

i have the two stage cmc in my varmit rig.

i do fear change though so i have yet to try the straight trigger
Link Posted: 4/13/2005 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I could go either way on the stage...

Straight trigger though... egads!  I dont like change
Link Posted: 4/13/2005 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I've felt a straight trigger, but never fired one.

I love two stage triggers.

If I were building a full-on target/varmint rifle I would love a two stage, straight trigger in it.

But I don't know anything about these McCormick triggers. One would presume they are top notch pieces, though.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:53:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I just tried mine down at Blackwater, and while it was nice and consistant I was getting the occasional double fire from a single pull which does NOT make a safe weapon. Don't know what to do now...
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:37:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just tried mine down at Blackwater, and while it was nice and consistant I was getting the occasional double fire from a single pull which does NOT make a safe weapon. Don't know what to do now...

sounds like theres something wrong with it..... might wanna check over your rifle or give cmc a call
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Do you shoot any bolt guns with light triggers also?

If so the SS may be a better choice.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I was meaning to ask, was it doubling on the pull or was it firing once on the pull and once on the release?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Double tap on the pull. (At least with mine.)
Sent mine back.
Let's see if this takes another 8 weeks to get it back, as it took to buy it. I'll report how it works, and how long it took to get it back when it returns some day.

EDIT: Just received it in the mail this afternoon. I only had to wait a little over a week to get it back. Need to test it and see if it works now.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was meaning to ask, was it doubling on the pull or was it firing once on the pull and once on the release?

Doubletap on the pull.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doubletap on the pull.

It sounded nice, if that helps.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Whenever you get a double shot on a trigger, it is a good idea to check to see if you are bouncing the trigger or not.  This is true for M14s with match 2 stage triggers so I don't know if it applies to ARs or not.

If you get 2 shots, try pulling the trigger and holding it pulled and do not stroke the trigger.  Sometimes recoil can bounce the trigger against your finger and if the pull is light enough, you will pull the trigger a second time without realizing it. and get a double shot.

Just something to try
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doubletap on the pull.

Yeah, but doesn't help accuracy at all!

I know, I know, "CHICKS DIG IT!!"  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:12:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doubletap on the pull.

Yeah, but doesn't help accuracy at all!

I know, I know, "CHICKS DIG IT!!"  

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Two stage
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I LOVE my curved two stage. I don't see how an AR trigger can be any better then this.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Whenever you get a double shot on a trigger, it is a good idea to check to see if you are bouncing the trigger or not.  This is true for M14s with match 2 stage triggers so I don't know if it applies to ARs or not.

If you get 2 shots, try pulling the trigger and holding it pulled and do not stroke the trigger.  Sometimes recoil can bounce the trigger against your finger and if the pull is light enough, you will pull the trigger a second time without realizing it. and get a double shot.

Just something to try

That is exactly what I had bulldog do during the class and it still did it at least once when he was doing that.  

This evening while eating dinner it occurred to me that I'd forgotten to remove the take up adjustment screw from the Jard that was in there before and that may have been causing a problem.  The trigger -should- have been fine even with that in place but it is a possible cause.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#17]
For a target gun two stage is the way to go.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just something to try

That is exactly what I had bulldog do during the class and it still did it at least once when he was doing that.  

This evening while eating dinner it occurred to me that I'd forgotten to remove the take up adjustment screw from the Jard that was in there before and that may have been causing a problem.  The trigger -should- have been fine even with that in place but it is a possible cause.  

unintentional bumpfiring
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:02:23 AM EDT
[#19]
i plan on getting one of the single stage curved for my beater and see if it can stand up to the abuse and decide then if it would be a good defense upgrade.

i feel that a reliable trigger is best in a defense gun but a good one is also.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:13:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I bought (2) 2 stage curved.

The one I put in my Armalite 16" mid-length is just great.

The other one went in my Bushmaster 11.5"/5.5" carbine. It will double tap EVERY time the trigger is pulled. It will also try to go full auto at times. I called CMC and told them about this. They were VERY concerned and wanted me to ship them the trigger ASAP. This was on 5-17-05.
I mailed the trigger back to them on 5-18-05.

Both of these rifles have the following:
KNS Anti Walk Pins
LMT M16 Bolt Carrier Groups
Colt 9mm Buffers & Springs
CMT Mil Spec 6 position stocks
Samson Forends (7" & 9")
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top