Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2005 9:41:19 PM EDT
I'm thinking of trying these pins out but I have a few questions first.

How hard are the to install? Do you just use them to push the old pins out? Do the fire control components need to be removed?

Also, do you ever find them getting in the way on the outside of the receiver & have you ever had the screw on on pin heads loosen with use?

Thanks.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

How hard are the to install? Very easy!Do you just use them to push the old pins out? Yep. Do the fire control components need to be removed?Nope.

Also, do you ever find them getting in the way on the outside of the receiver & have you ever had the screw on on pin heads loosen with use?Nope and Nope

Thanks.  

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:32:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How hard are the to install? Very easy!Do you just use them to push the old pins out? Yep. Do the fire control components need to be removed?Nope.

Also, do you ever find them getting in the way on the outside of the receiver & have you ever had the screw on on pin heads loosen with use?Nope and Nope

Thanks.  

+1

Tom  
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:57:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I installed them in just a few minutes, and I'm an absolute klutz.  Couldn't have been simpler.  No problems, don't get in the way of anything and I think they look neat.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:02:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.  

+1

Tom  

+2  
     These pins are a very good addition to your AR.  I have a Bushmaster lower that the FCG pin holes were slightly oversized from the get go, after about 1,000 rds I decided to put in a LMT 2-stage trigger, that's when I noticed I had problems.  I put in the LMT trigger but because my pins were loose  the trigger worked like crap, you could see the pins wobbling and rotating in the holes when you apply pressure to the trigger.  The original pins actually started to wear the anodizing away inside the holes because they were so loose.  I got a set of .1555" oversize KNS pins from Denny, installed them and the trigger tightened right up and felt sweet.  No more wobbling or rotating pins and I won't have to worry about ruining my Bushmaster lower anymore.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:20:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Very easy!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:21:53 AM EDT
[#6]
use the kns pins to push out the others and there you have it.

the screws have some loctite on them so it shouldnt back out. mine has never backed out.

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:36:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.  

+1 again
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:46:15 AM EDT
[#8]
The KNS pins come with an installation tool which makes the process quite easy.  I have only installed them as part of new builds, however.

No problems with the straps on the outside of the receiver.  They are a much lower profile than the magazine well, bolt release, etc.

Some consider them overkill, as do I, in a good sense.  They are another step towards reliability without sacrificing weight.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top