Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2005 10:26:54 AM EDT
Does anyone know if Bushmaster is still backed up? I'd like to get a barrel replaced.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#1]
From what I hear they must be pretty busy...
Alot people waiting out there...
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:15:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a 16 inch M 4 carbine on order and the time span kept growing and when it got to 12-14 weeks I gave up and went and found it someplace else.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:17:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered the Patrolman bbl in preban configuration yesterday. They stated 4-8 week backlog.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:03:17 PM EDT
[#5]
from what I understand they are just finishing Nov. orders. I ordered an M-4 on Dec 9th and my ffl said maybe next week.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I ordered the Patrolman bbl in preban configuration yesterday. They stated 4-8 week backlog.

Ya, that is what they told me when I first ordered to.  Hope it happens for you but I suspect you will see schedule creep at some point.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered a BAR (.308) in November '04 and just got it last week.  I wanted to order a stripped  BAR lower also, but they said no parts orders until they finish the backlog of rifle orders, which they estimated to be this summer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Hell, I'll keep the barrel I've got. It's an Olympic 16" full-heavy, fluted, non-chromed, pre-ban. Probably got about 50 rounds through it. I was going to get the same thing in a chrome-lined Bushy and sell the Olympic, but I think I'll just stick with it. It was kind of a hare-brained idea anyway. I got the feeling several years ago when I shot it last that the barrel wasn't accurate. I think I need to go back to the range, take my time and just see how it shoots. At the time, I had another Bushmaster, a 20", that was a tack driver, and going from that to the 16" carbine with the short sight radius, I was all over the paper. I need to sight it in for the modified Battlesight zero anyway, and the sight is already re-set.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I dont see a backlog here in Houston. Seen plenty of Bushmasters at the gunshows. Even see them at local realtors.  I did order one online at AIM SURPLUS back at the start of November. Still have not recived it going to cancel the order since I bought one last month. Seen about 5 or 6 Colts at the shows too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:21:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I called for a customer about 1 1/2 weeks ago for a customer. I was quoted a 10-12 week delivery on an upper assembly. Bushmaster said they were waiting on more barrels at that time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#11]

BAH. Just get A Vulcan Arms rifle.

They are just as good and you won't have to wait.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Last week I was checking on the 20" A2 profile barrels in 1/7, I was told eight to ten weeks.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top