Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 12:59:58 PM EDT
Due to temporary budget constraints, I am going to have to buy an A-3 carry handle for my
Armalite M-15A4.  I just want something mounted so I can shoot the rifle before I get enough cash to buy an EOTech.   Anyways,  I have narrowed it down to DPMS or CDNN(Abilene, TX).  Can anyone provide info on CDNN's $49.99 A-3 carry handles?  Biggest question is who makes them/Quality?  I don't want CHINESE junk on my All-American rifle.  Any input is appreciated.  Thanks.
-vato(from the AK-side)
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't seen their carry handles but I tend to get suspicious of anything that looks like too good of a deal.  BTW, have you checked Ameetec? I don't know what DPMS charges for a carry handle but I was just at Ameetec's site adn they are $89.  Also, don't forget to the check the equipment exchange here.  Never know what you might find.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I haven't seen their carry handles but I tend to get suspicious of anything that looks like too good of a deal.  BTW, have you checked Ameetec? I don't know what DPMS charges for a carry handle but I was just at Ameetec's site adn they are $89.  Also, don't forget to the check the equipment exchange here.  Never know what you might find.

Agreed, always seems to be a couple that are reasonably price in the EE.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#3]
i have a DPMS handle.  it is nice, fit/ finish great.  however, i was disappointed when i got it.  the only thing holding and indexing it on the upper is the two thumb screws.  i was hoping that it would have a cross slot indexing pin, it did not.  i'm not sure which ones do, if any.  my Armalite 1-piece scope mounts have it, so i assumed the DPMS carry handle did.    
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.   I will definitely check out Ameetec and the EE for the carry handle.  If nothing pans out,  Brownell's has DPMS for $89.00 also.  Just sort of curious about CDNN though.  The price just seems too good, I guess the old saying might be true in that "you get what you pay for."   I guess I'll just call CDNN and ask them tomorrow, that might be the easiest to do.
Thanks again.
-vato
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#5]
cheapest A3 carryhandles made in USA i have seen are ~$90-$115

your best bet is EE or just get some BUIS sites
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Stay away from the CDNN carry handles!!!
DPMS or Bushy are the one's to get.
The cdnn carry handles are crapola. Chicom sand castings with paint.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Shoot man, I think Armalite's handle straight from them is $90 or $100. That'd probably be your best bet.

I got my RRA carry handle from RB Precision last fall for $110 because I wanted to keep the rifle All-RRA.

My next A4 might have a used one off the EE or a new one from Armalite.

WIZZO

Found it. ARMALITE UPPER PAGE
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Why bother?  You will have to just get a BUIS when you get your EOThingy.  Just get the ARMS #40A and be done with it.  Remember, even though it folds down, it is still a rear sight
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#9]
if you are gonna spend that much I would get a BUIS site used so you can still use it when you get your eotech
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:55:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a new Bushmaster A3 handle for sale. $80 shipped! [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:17:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Why bother?  You will have to just get a BUIS when you get your EOThingy.  Just get the ARMS #40A and be done with it.  Remember, even though it folds down, it is still a rear sight

+1  Just get a ARMS #40 and be done with it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:35:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  Just get a ARMS #40 and be done with it.

+1  If you are going to get a EOTech just get an ARMS #40.  You will need it anyway.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:43:54 AM EDT
[#13]
CDNN and Tapco are selling handles made in Taiwan. They are not that bad. The aperature itself is kinda crappy but easily changed to an A2 aperature. I saw some being used in Iraq with no problems. The finish does wear faster but they work OK. My .02.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:46:53 AM EDT
[#14]
don't get some chinese cheap crap on your all-american rifle.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#15]
This is the same situation as the Leapers T168, 6X scope for $40.00 everyone thought was crap until they bought one. I assembled 14, M4 conversion kits while in Iraq and 2 soldiers were real cheap skates. I had to use the Tapco carry handles to keep the price down to where they could afford it. The handles turned out to work just fine.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#16]
You can find DPMS carry handles from Brownells for $66.60 if you have C&R, otherwise price is $89.95. These are made by Cardinal Forge and are high quality stuff.
www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=5567&title=AR-15+DETACHABLE+CARRY+HANDLE

MN
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top