Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 4:45:01 PM EDT
Ok, so I got a hankerin' for  an AR kit.  I hear good stuff about Del-Ton, so they got my biz.   Here is my nearly decided kit lineup so far:

Wilson Arms 1x9 Chrome Lined
Standard Bolt & Carrier
CAR 4 Position Buttstock-Black
Standard Charging Handle with Tac. Latch
Phantom 5C2 Flash Hider
YHM Filp Up Front Sight gas Block
Ergo Sure Grip
YHM 2 Piece 4 Rail
Flat Top Upper With T Marks

I am using a Mega lower BTW.

Now, I got 2 probs:
#1. I can't decide if I want to go YHM on the rear flip sight, or ARMS #40.  I am kinda looking for the rear sight to fit under an optic, but I don't know if the ARMS will cut it, or if it is too high.  I want to make sure i get proper eye relief AND rear sight clearance.

#2.  Should I go 16" or 20"?  Am I nuts for wanting a CAR stock on a 20"?  I think it would look really cool, and be very functional, but I wonder if the 16" is better for overall handiness(I will eventually get a VFG and light mount in the future, along with a good reddot and optic).

That's it folks.  Hit me with your best shot, pick apart my plans, and point out the weak spots.

Thanks.
Agrippa.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:46:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say the 16" with the car stock and the ARMS 40.

16"ers are HANNNDDYYYYY

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are worried about height, get an ARMS 40L.

My preference is for a 16" carbine, but if you get a 20", go for a govt. profile barrel.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

My preference is for a 16" carbine, but if you get a 20", go for a govt. profile barrel.

+1 on that. They don't call it a HEAVY barrel for nothin'

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#4]
The standard ARMS #40 will fit underneath a fullsized ACOG without difficulty. The ARMS #40L is the lower profiled version, and many people here like them a lot. The Troy folding battlesight is another great choice that you haven't mentioned, but is worth consdering as well.

Standard ARMS #40 with ACOG TA11D:

ARMS #40 stowed and unstowed:

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:40:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 on that. They don't call it a HEAVY barrel for nothin'

WIZZO

+2 I love my M16A2 barrel
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top