Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 4:08:49 PM EDT
This is to ask the opinion of not only those who own, but have seen, held and used forearms from:

Yankee Hill
LaRue
Daniel Defense

Pros and cons on each.  I want a tight forearm, no movement.

I am looking for a light weight forearm and I know LaRue appears to be the standard by which others are judged, but is seems that Yankee Hill and DD also have a good product.

I have talked to Mark LaRue and Marty at DD and both are great to talk to and the techs at YHM are also wonderful, but for my two RRA CAR's and I am not saying money is not the issue, but I do like to get a quality product for my money.

YHM has a good package deal.  I have never seen any of these before so I am depending on your response.

Thanks in advance,

77Bronc
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both the lightweight and regular YHM for M4 length foreends. You can't get a better deal for the money - rock solid and nice work. The end cap (the threaded "plug" to prevent debris from getting in the open end of the tube) is a nice touch. That said LaRue, Daniels, PRI also make great products
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
YHM is fat but least expensive
DD is lightest and slimmest
I got he DD for the weight over the LaRue which locks (DD has held fine so far, if it get loose I will go LaRue)
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I only have the Daniel Defense, but have read and heard much of the others as well

The DD (7.0) is rock solid and I would highly recommend it.

That said, many positive reports on both the LaRue Tactical product as well as the Troy Industries system.

They reportedly are the top line options today, and represent the leading edge of AR15 FF technology
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the yhm ff tube rifle length, I went with this because funds are limited and i read good things about it here. the tube is very solid after attached and is lightweight seems very well made, although i have not shot this gun yet as built. add that i bought this tube from bravo co. and it was on my doorstep 2 days later. hope this helps
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I recommend the Larue 7.0.  Love mine.  Solid.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#6]
also check out this link link

has a chart of all the forend tubes good info there
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I went DD and it is extremely light and sturdy.

+1 on the rock solid.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks so much for all of the input, this is what I was looking for.  Appears all of the options are good, depends on personal likes and at times cost.  

Thanks,

77Bronc
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top