Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2005 8:17:03 AM EDT

Does the Colt collapsible Buttstock that comes with the LE series carbine have the Colt brand on it, or is it unmarked. The reason is I am ordering a Colt lower half from SAW for the AR6721, and Tina asked me if I wanted the complete receiver with or without the Buttstock. I could see paying $150 if it was Colt branded, but otherwise might get a CMT Stock which is probably the same.

The question, are the LE stocks Colt branded or not?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:29:44 AM EDT
[#1]
It doesn't say COLT in big letters anywhere like the RRA versions do.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#2]
the ctm tubes are 6 pos where the colt tubes are 4 pos.   The actual stock itself looks just like the colt and I cant tell them apart.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The newer Colt M4 stocks have no markings on them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info. Trying to decide whether to get the entire Colt lower half or just the complete receiver. Anyone think there is any merit in the Colt stock over a CMT stock?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The CMT stock is very nearly the same as the Colt with the exception of the latch, the Colt is plain and the CMT has the ridged, knurley, grippy things on it, (scientific enough explaination )
There are very minute differences but I dont think it would warrant spending double the money for the Colt
I replaced a couple early type 1 Colt stocks with the CMT stocks and CMT tubes and am very happy, I'd be hard pressed to spend that kind of money again on another Colt when the CMT is so nice a replacement

Oh, to answer your question, Get the CMT and use the leftover money for some ammo, you will be happy you did
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:50:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The CMT stock is very nearly the same as the Colt with the exception of the latch, the Colt is plain and the CMT has the ridged, knurley, grippy things on it, (scientific enough explaination )
There are very minute differences but I dont think it would warrant spending double the money for the Colt
I replaced a couple early type 1 Colt stocks with the CMT stocks and CMT tubes and am very happy, I'd be hard pressed to spend that kind of money again on another Colt when the CMT is so nice a replacement

Oh, to answer your question, Get the CMT and use the leftover money for some ammo, you will be happy you did

YDO,
Thanks. I have been wrestling with the idea of 3 Stag or similar receivers vs the one Colt receiver, I have decided on the Colt, but the stock was another quandary. You helped me make up my mind, going for the Colt receiver with a CMT stock.

This will be my first REAL, bona-fide AR-15 (AR15A2 GOVT Carbine) lower, so I'm excited. Hopefully add an All Colt upper soon.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:58:11 AM EDT
[#7]
It's tough for me to dress a colt lower with any knock off parts, but SAW's prices are so absurd you feel like an ass paying for the real stuff.

I needed a charging handle the other day.  So I went to SAWs site to find that they want $40.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Hell......at Brownell's even with the shop discount it's $51.21 for a Colt CH assembly.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's tough for me to dress a colt lower with any knock off parts, but SAW's prices are so absurd you feel like an ass paying for the real stuff.

I needed a charging handle the other day.  So I went to SAWs site to find that they want $40.  

Yeah, that's why I wanted to make sure there wasn't a Huge difference. I would pay the $150 SAW wants for a Telestock if anybody thought there was, but the consensus seems to be that there isn't.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top