Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2005 6:16:17 AM EDT
I am going to replace the 4 position stock and furniture on my preban bushmaster with an A-2 for my IDPA and 3 gun competitions this summer. I am really leaning toward the coyote brown from Cav Arms just because I'd like a different look.

From their webpage, I see their stocks are 5/8" shorter than standard length for use with body armor and heavy clothes.   Will this screw up length of pull for a shooter wearing a T shirt and/or 5.11 vest?

I am using a C-More optic on a rail mount.  I typically look thru the optic but over the iron sights for the majority of shots at these types of matches.

Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:25:51 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, it isn't that their shorter A2s, just that they use the older A1 length buttstocks.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:50:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
From their webpage, I see their stocks are 5/8" shorter than standard length for use with body armor and heavy clothes.   Will this screw up length of pull for a shooter wearing a T shirt and/or 5.11 vest?

No it won't screw up the length of pull.  The A1 length stocks were the length used by the Military for 20 years with the M16 & M16A1 rifles.  I think you'll find the stock more comfortable and easier to use when shooting with irons.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:31:36 AM EDT
[#3]
From their webpage, I see their stocks are 5/8" shorter than standard length for use with body armor and heavy clothes. Will this screw up length of pull for a shooter wearing a T shirt and/or 5.11 vest?

That "5/8" shorter" refers to their Cavalry Arms lowers that have the integral stock.  This does not refer to their carbine stock assemblies.

Actually, both A1 and A2 rifle buttstocks use the same buffer tube.  There is a 5/8" aluminum spacer placed on the end of the buffer tube to fill the space when A2 plastic is used.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That "5/8" shorter" refers to their Cavalry Arms lowers that have the integral stock.  This does not refer to their carbine stock assemblies.

The 5/8" shorter refers to the fixed "C1" stocks as well, which is what kyreb appears to be asking about.  CavArms does not make "A2" stocks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The 5/8" shorter refers to the fixed "C1" stocks as well, which is what kyreb appears to be asking about.  CavArms does not make "A2" stocks.

This is correct.  So by the feedback, I am OK to go with this set up, but I'll have to also buy a buffer tube, spring and plunger assy.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:10:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is correct.  So by the feedback, I am OK to go with this set up, but I'll have to also buy a buffer tubeReceiver Extension, spring and plunger assy.  

That is correct.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is correct.  So by the feedback, I am OK to go with this set up, but I'll have to also buy a buffer tube, spring and plunger assy.  

The stock should come with the A1 length screw you'll need.  You may want to buy an A2 style butt plate as well.  Many people prefer the A2 style butt plate.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top