Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2005 9:39:43 PM EDT
I know I cant look on the EE but I wont buy a $1200 gun off Joe Blow on the internet.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know I cant look on the EE but I wont buy a $1200 gun off Joe Blow on the internet.

Well, that narrows it down to dealers. There are a few dealers on the EE who sell Colt LE6920 Carbines, but if you don't trust internet sales, then that again limits you to dealers you are willing to travel to. If you don't want to make a deal with someone, be prepared to get in line. The demand for these has been very stiff over the past few months, with most dealers unable to keep them in stock. You might try Clyde Armory.
I would like to add that there are many on the EE with deals on this rifle who are very honest.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont mind buying from a dealer but not from a private seller
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Try and find someone you know that is willing to part with one, or order it through a dealer
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Where could I get just the upper?  The crappy Colt lower (sear block, trigger pins, etc) isn't worth the money.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Where could I get just the upper?  The crappy Colt lower (sear block, trigger pins, etc) isn't worth the money.

yeah really, now that I think about it the upper would be just fine and then get a Bushy or LMT lower.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Why is it that people pitch such a fit over Colt lowers? I haven't replaced a trigger/hammer pin in the last combined 80,000 rounds in any of my Colts. Even when replacement is needed, there are plenty of places to get the non-standard pins. As for the sear block - the 6920 doesn't have a pinned sear block, nor do any of the current production LE carbines. They have some material left that wasn't milled out. This shouldn't matter anyway because less than 1% of the people griping about "sear blocks" actually have a RDIAS. The only reason I could see to bitch about the FCG pin sizes and unmilled material in the lower is illegal conversion to FA, and I'm not even gonna go there.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:38:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe people like to have standard parts for all of their weapons.

Maybe people dislike having a company make something a bastard size.

Maybe they have their own opinions.

Colt makes good parts, but they all wear out over time.  My weapons will all go to my children, and if/ when Colt decides to stop making of sized parts to keep the government happy, it won't be an issue for my kids.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I got mine at a gunshow. Of course it was right before the prices were going to start falling and I paid way too much considering it would be 500 less ina couple months..

Sorry I'm having a hard time typing, I'm laughing too hard..

ANyways, there's really nothing bad about buying from the net I don't think, but if you don't wnat that gunshow is probabbly your best bet.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#9]
The most common way to get one is usually in is in a dumpster mosy likely next to an empty Bushmaster box
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The most common way to get one is usually in is in a dumpster mosy likely next to an empty Bushmaster box

Until they see all the defects in the new BM and dig the Colt out, replacing it in the dumpster with the new, flawed, BM.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I don't know what the big deal is about 6920's or any Colt for that matter.  To each his own I guess.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Any dealers, other than Clydes, charging less than $1375?  I'm currently on the Clydes wait list but have been looking for a dealer with rifles in stock.  I know of 2 but they both want $1375 + shipping.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

SAW.  But I'm assuming you knew that.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#14]
$825!

fuck that!

I know that the whole gun is around $1200 but forget my oringal idea.  Ill just get a all LMT gun.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

But they are ok with buffer tubes that won't fit any mil-spec carbine buttstock and FSB's that are not the correct height?

No...I think people are just retarded.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Another vote for Specialized Armament

about those non standard pin sizes, the non standard pins in my collection are the bushmasters and the LMT's
With an arsenal of Colts the others are the bastards
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:09:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Check   www.cmmginc.com

You can get a Mil Spec complete upper, or a complete Rifle.
You can get a T Marked Flat Top Upper
M4 Barrel in 14.7 with A2 (Permanent)
M4 Barrel in 16 with A2  (Non-Pinned)
and with whatever other options you might want.  Take a look at the options.  I trust their Barrel Quality way more than most of the other players.  

Just my 2 Cents

Viper225 Out
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:18:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm selling mine:  6920 upper
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:51:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But they are ok with buffer tubes that won't fit any mil-spec carbine buttstock and FSB's that are not the correct height?

No...I think people are just retarded.

You know this is a very good point I had not considered.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:04:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I need to start dumpster diving then. I just bought a 6920 and I could have saved myself a ton of dough
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top