Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2005 7:15:59 AM EDT
What's the most economical way to get a complete M4 upper with a free-floated rail system? I can build a  lower how I want but building an upper seems above my meager abilities, so I'd like to buy one. Most of the complete uppers I see advertised have standard handguards, so in order to get what I want I'd have to buy everything separate and build it and then I end up with a bunch of extra parts I don't need. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:22:19 AM EDT
[#1]
To install a FF tube, you're going to need to disassemble the upper anyway. So you might as well just buy what you need and assemble it yourself. Seriously, an upper is not any more difficult than a lower. There are many how-to threads in the Build It Yourself forum to walk you through it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I've seen those do-it-yourself threads and they are great, and I guess that's an option. But I'd like another option--an EASY one! Aren't there any big manufacturers out there selling an upper in this highly-desireable configuration?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#3]
CMT upper, Bushmaster barrel, YHM FF fore end, Phantom flash hider

Send it off to have the upper assembled by ADCO. Cheap and easy.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
To install a FF tube, you're going to need to disassemble the upper anyway. So you might as well just buy what you need and assemble it yourself. Seriously, an upper is not any more difficult than a lower. There are many how-to threads in the Build It Yourself forum to walk you through it.

Exactly, and you can probably do pretty good on the price if you shop the EE.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Bushy M-4 bbl= $190
YHM FF= $80 if you shop around
upper= $80-$90
BCG= ~$100
I'd think thats about the best you could do unless you pick up a used bbl.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]
if you can 'stand' a used one, check the EE.  I just sold one refinished A1 upper with 14.5" M4 profile/Phantom5C2 and BC/B/CH for $320.  I sold a flattop with 16" HBAR/A2 and YHM carbine FF for $340 shipped- complete with KAC and magpul panels and VFG.  Just keep your money handy and keep both eyes on the EE.  people will be looking to sell sh*t quick and cheap sometimes because they get a bug up their ass for something else like I did!!!  know what you want and when you see it, jump on it.  make sure you have the money ready to go.  it's really not nice to say you'll take it and possible turn off the next 4 paying customers until it's resolved.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Check out Del-Ton.

Upgrade to a YHM FF railed tube is very reasonable.

In a kit it is only a 70.00 upcharge.

The upcharge for a upper should be comparable.

banks308
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Go to ADCO.  They can build you one to your specs.  They've even got a RRA M4 upper page with check boxes for what you want.

www.adcofirearms.com/rockriver/upperbuild.cfm?page=rra

ADCO is a good company, but I think RRA is concentrating on their government contracts to the detriment of the civilian market.  We had to wait for a long time for the parts I wanted.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Excellent. Good info. Thanks fellas.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#10]
The Troy MRF-C is a free float that does not require removal of the FS etc.  It does require removal of the delta ring assembly.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top