Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2005 5:26:35 PM EDT
Don't know anything about them. Anybody here know about them?

www.ar15-m16.com/
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I see that they sell gas tube cleaners.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, those are a must have
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:08:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Never heard of them and I'm not sure what to make of them. The uppers they sell appear to be similar to what J&T and Model 1 Sales offer. If so, I would just as soon buy from either of the 2 dealers I mentioned because they are well known around here.

I've read too many horror stories about people get screwed over by unknown "Internet" dealers. Now I'm not saying that will happen with these folks but I would be hesitant to order from them until I knew more about them.

And I agree with what another poster said about the "gas tube pipe cleaners". A "gas tube pipe cleaner"
is an oxymoron. I like them for cleaning my AR but not its gas tube. Any site that offers them advertised as such makes me wonder.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Use the pipe cleaners for cleaning crud out of the firing pin channel in the bolt, etc.  BUT NEVER STICK ANYTHING IN THE GAS TUBE.  If 13,000-26,000 psi bursts of hot gas won't clean out the gas tube, nothing will.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:02:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I see the gas tube cleaners have received some attention.  But keep in mind, your barrel gets the same kind of pressuresif not more, Do you clean it?... The gas tube cleaners provide the best way I know of cleaning the gas tube.  Some people clean them, some replace it.
Ok, enough of that.  As far as the store...We have sold many complete kits and parts with no problems or complaints and strive to keep it that way.  We take care of our customers and answer any question they may have.  We have a wealth of knowledge and what we don't know, we make every effort to find out to include using my personal rifles to test, evaluate and provide the best answer we find to our customers.  I spend many hours talking to customers providing information on how to assemble lower receivers, to headspacing.  I make every effort to answer any and all quetions regarding the products we sell.  I not only sell the products but use them.
I have around 20 ar-15's for my personal use and frequent the shooting range as often as I can.  I take pride in making sure the customer is satisfied.
I am upgrading the website to include more parts and have other payment options soon....
so if you have any questions e-mail me [email protected]
Terry
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:22:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well, I see the gas tube cleaners have received some attention.  But keep in mind, your barrel gets the same kind of pressuresif not more, Do you clean it?... The gas tube cleaners provide the best way I know of cleaning the gas tube.  Some people clean them, some replace it.
Ok, enough of that.  As far as the store...We have sold many complete kits and parts with no problems or complaints and strive to keep it that way.  We take care of our customers and answer any question they may have.  We have a wealth of knowledge and what we don't know, we make every effort to find out to include using my personal rifles to test, evaluate and provide the best answer we find to our customers.  I spend many hours talking to customers providing information on how to assemble lower receivers, to headspacing.  I make every effort to answer any and all quetions regarding the products we sell.  I not only sell the products but use them.
I have around 20 ar-15's for my personal use and frequent the shooting range as often as I can.  I take pride in making sure the customer is satisfied.
I am upgrading the website to include more parts and have other payment options soon....
so if you have any questions e-mail me [email protected]
Terry

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'm always open to a new source of parts.

I guess my main criteria before I buy would be to know what the source of your small parts, kits and other items are. Generally the vendors I buy from will disclose the manufacturing source,  for instance are they DPMS, CMT, RRA etc. There are many chinese made parts out there that are of dubious quality, so where it is not obvious, I always ask.

And welcome to the forum if this is your first time here.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:01:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Terry, thank you replying to the thread. That alone makes you seem more reputable in my eyes and I have to agree with _DR. Listing the manufacturers for the products shown on your site will go a long way to establishing a good reputation with folks right off the bat.

Oh, and welcome to the boards and the community.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:12:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well, I see the gas tube cleaners have received some attention.  But keep in mind, your barrel gets the same kind of pressuresif not more, Do you clean it?... The gas tube cleaners provide the best way I know of cleaning the gas tube.  Some people clean them, some replace it. <snip>

The bore and the gas tube cannot be compared to each other. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

That said, if you want to sell gas tube cleaners, more power to you. If people buy them (for cleaning gas tubes), well, "a fool and his money are soon parted".
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:13:13 AM EDT
[#9]
It's nice to see a new vender appear, and even nicer to find they come here.
There is a lot of interest in parts kits in the price range you have established. I only hope you learn from the customer service nightmares some of your competitors have caused, and strive to over come them. Posting here is a great start.
I know you can't please all of the people all of the time, but communications is right next to honesty in terms of good customer service.
Best wishes and I hope this is very lucrative for you.
PS: Just how long have you been in business?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:48:38 AM EDT
[#10]
With out knowing what kind (brand) uppers and so on you sell, I assume they are chinese knock offs and that the reason why the manufacturer is not listed.

But that is just me.

I have never cleaned my gas tube. 12,000+PSI as stated does it good enough for me.

Good luck! Welcome to the forum, see you hve been here a while but not poted much.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I will get the list of suppliers listed on the new site which will be coming soon.  I will let everyone know when it gets done.
As far as the gas tube, keep this in mind, the same carbon build up on your bolt carrier and bolt travels in that tube as well.  When the carrier key separates from the gas tube the pressure is relieved through out the tube allowing some buildup to occur just like on your bolt.  Although it is blasted every time you fire the weapon over time this can build up especially near the inner aft end of the tube and cause short stroking.  The same carbon found on the aft end of the bolt is the same black carbon passing through your gas tube and in time can accumulate this is rare that it malfunctions the weapon but if someone wants to clean it, then this is the best I found for that.  Wow can you believe all that for gas tube cleaners.......
Ok, I guess that is enough for now, except this, while at a local gun show I found some new mags with green followers, nice right...wrong some manufacturers are coloring the followers to match the green ones but are constructed different, just a note to look at them carefully, no one said green means the correct construction.
Terry
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Terry, glad to see you respond. I was doing my usual search of the www. when I found your site. Since I'd never seen it nor heard anything about it I decided to pose the "who is this" question here. I'm always searching for AR parts dealers, it's as much of a hobby for me as the guns themselves. This is a good place to get exposure to your business.
Best of luck and thanks again for responding. Hope to see you do well.
1jackal

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top