Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2005 4:04:08 PM EDT
so um i heard something about a 2 year wait period??
dont go crazy on me cuz im still expecting my original 13 weeks
Link Posted: 2/16/2005 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess you ordered a complete rifle?  It shouldn't take 2 years, maybe a few months.

I've been getting small parts within a week or two, but other small parts I've had on backorder for over a couple months.
Link Posted: 2/16/2005 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I work at a gunstore here in MI.  Someone ordered a stripped lower from RRA around the middle of November '04 and I helped him with the paperwork on Tuesday 2-15-05.  

I ordered a RRA Tactical Entry (w/out the "tactical" carry handle) last week and 2 stripped lowers a couple of days ago.  Gotta love those tax returns!!!  I'll let you guys know when I get my stuff in.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2005 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I order one on Monday the 14th. I was told 12 weeks. It is a Elite CAR UTE2. I guess this will be the thread I post my updates in. I hope others will also. I would fell better knowing how other orders are going.

I plan to call RRA at week 4 for an update. And possibly every two week there after.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a thread on here earlier asking the same question. Every time I called RRA they said "another two weeks or so".ht I'm not cancelling my RRA order, however; from what I've heard about them I'd be stupid to cancel - it seems they're worth the wait...so I guess I'll have both! That Armalite is pretty kick-azz, though...chrome lined barrel and all!
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm glad I built my RRA M4gery last year!  I finally beat the rush on something!
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#6]
So as stated above, I bought the Armalite on Wednesday because I was sick of waiting on my RRA. I called RRA today expecting to hear "another two weeks or so". Instead I heard "that shipped to your dealer Wednesday". Imagine that! The same day I buy a rifle because I'm sick of waiting, RRA ships my order!hows
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool, I'm glad to here it.

I'm only a week into it and new I wouldn’t be able to wait 12 weeks, with out having a carbine, so I ordered a upper from a vendor that had it in stock. I will have to share the lower on my varminter for a few weeks. But I will fell better knowing I have a carbine around.

The trouble is I will have 2.5 ARs when my RRA complete rifle comes in. The wife is not going to be happy when I tell her I have to buy a third lower.
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm glad I built my RRA M4gery last year!  I finally beat the rush on something!

Shoot, I'm glad I  built my 20" A4gery in October. But then again, I had some good contacts too

Thank you RB Precision!

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 11:20:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered a stripped reciever sept 10, and recieved it about a week ago. But someone said that complete rifles don't take as long.

Jay
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 7:56:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I ordered a RRA entry/tactical on October 18, 2004 and I'm still waiting...
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Just to give you some idea if it helps, I ordered a CAR A2 with the M4-pattern chrome-lined barrel back on 11/24 and it is the one that shipped Wednesday. The holdup for me, as I was told, was the shortage of chrome-lined M4-pattern barrels. I would have had mine sooner if I has just settled for the standard chrome-moly barrel. So, if yours has above mentioned scarce barrel, the wait will be long - but then again you ordered yours before I ordered mine so you should have yours already!
Link Posted: 2/21/2005 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Bump so it doesn’t fall off my active topics.

11 weeks to quoted delivery.
Link Posted: 2/21/2005 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Their products can be very hit-or-miss for ship dates, being anywhere from 4-20 weeks right now, but 12 weeks is probably a good approximation.  Just pray they don't lose your order (this happened to me AND a friend on separate occasions) as you will get to go to the back of the line and start all over.

Link Posted: 2/21/2005 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone else actually receiving their RRA rifles? If so, please report and let us know how long you had to wait.
Link Posted: 2/21/2005 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I ordered a RRA National Match upper directly from RRA.  They quoted 6-8 weeks.  Took 5 weeks and 2 days.

Link Posted: 2/21/2005 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#16]
ordered a CAR upper in Dec.  Delivered in ten weeks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2005 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a FFL & tried to order from everybody,Oly,Armalite.RRA,DPMS & every one of them are backed up from 1to 3 months
Link Posted: 2/21/2005 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Have had a Chrome lined M4 barrel on order since the end of October...
Link Posted: 2/21/2005 11:07:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I think the chrome line barrels are the problem. I ordered a RRA CAR full upper and it arrived in a week.
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 2:29:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Ordered Entry Tactical w/ chrome lined bbl on Sept 14, 2004.  Finally received it Feb 7, 2005.  It took much longer than the original 9 weeks I was quoted, but it was totally worth the wait.
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 3:14:37 AM EDT
[#21]
T-Brain,

did you order your RRA direct from RRA or from a distributor, or dealer?

If I recall, sources such as Bushmaster (direct), Armalite, RRA (?), all take substantially longer to ship complete rifles than do dealers or distributors.

Maybe someone in the biz could chime in here and correct this, but from what I read, you are better off going thru a dealer/dist.

Hell, I have gotten a few prized AR's since the death of the ban -never more than a couple of week wait- and scratch my head and say WTF? at these reported "wait times"

Link Posted: 2/22/2005 4:17:40 AM EDT
[#22]
IMHO; wait time!  RRA!  Worth it!

Big Al
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 4:33:57 AM EDT
[#23]

redfisher

I order direct from RRA. I think I could have save $100 if I would have used a dealer.

But we only have one RRA preferred dealer in Michigan. And he is on the other side of the state.

The FFL I am having the one I want sent to has done business with RRA before and had his FFL on record with them. This is one more reason I went with him. Pulse he is a local FFL who needs support.
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 4:45:26 AM EDT
[#24]
I waited over 3 months for a barrel and got tired of waiting.  I cancelled my order and got a barrel from Model 1 Sales and haven't looked back.  The Model 1 Barrel is extremely accurate and I am extremely pleased with its quality and accuracy.

RRA needs to pay attention to other customers besides taking care of their government contracts.  

They leave you hanging and wont give any real wait time... very poor customer service.
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 5:21:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Give up on RRA. They simply are not worth a 3 month turn around time. Yeah, they are nice rifles, but not for the amount of hassle you'll endure trying to get one.

Between DPMS, Oly, and CMMG you can build a much better rifle.
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 5:59:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Give up on RRA. They simply are not worth a 3 month turn around time. Yeah, they are nice rifles, but not for the amount of hassle you'll endure trying to get one.

I can't argue with CMMG, but Oly has nothing on Rock River.

DPMS, I don't know, seems like they're kinda hit and miss. Some are great, some aren't.

I will admit that 3 months is rediculous though, no matter what company it is.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Patience is a virtue and will pay off.

Impatience will cause you to purchase a stripped lower and start ordering parts off of the EE like I did. I ordered my RRA Varminter 4 weeks ago - hope it arrives soon.
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DPMS, I don't know, seems like they're kinda hit and miss. Some are great, some aren't.

WIZZO

RRA gets one contract and it becomes the flavor of the week. How many Contracts have OLY and DPMS had through the years.  You know why RRA is having a problem with demand? Because  90% of their rifles come from parts from other vendors. They make kit guns and slap their name on the side.  

I've held a few RRA rifles and I wasnt impressed. It was nice, but nothing I hadnt seen in AR15 rifles before RRA hit the scene. It's why I build now and between parts, uppers or lowers from OLY, CMMG, and DPMS I can make a far better gun at a cheaper price.

They arent worth the wait. I can see waiting for a Colt, because it can represent an investment. But RRA....no

Link Posted: 2/22/2005 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

RRA gets one contract and it becomes the flavor of the week. How many Contracts have OLY and DPMS had through the years.  You know why RRA is having a problem with demand? Because  90% of their rifles come from parts from other vendors. They make kit guns and slap their name on the side.  

I've held a few RRA rifles and I wasnt impressed. It was nice, but nothing I hadnt seen in AR15 rifles before RRA hit the scene. It's why I build now and between parts, uppers or lowers from OLY, CMMG, and DPMS I can make a far better gun at a cheaper price.

They arent worth the wait. I can see waiting for a Colt, because it can represent an investment. But RRA....no

OK, OK fair 'nuf

Different strokes for different folks

I can see that if you have good luck with Oly, DPMS, and CMMG, you would like them.......THAT'S FINE!!

I just feel that there are better values out there (for lowers) than Oly. I have one and I should know.

DPMS has reasonably priced rifles, no doubt, but there always seems to be people complaining about something on them. I'M NOT CONDEMING THEM!

Everyone on this board (for the most part) knows about CMMG and they have a good rep.

Occasional lemons slipping out happens from everyone:RRA, DPMS, OLY, BUSHY, COLT, ARMALITE, everyone!

That being said, I might use CMMG in the future for a build and I don't think I'll have any second thoughts about it.

I just like RRA. I don't like bashing other people or manufacturers (unless it's a Colt)

This is not meant to be a slam to anyone or anything.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#30]
I got my rra in 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#31]
My dealer here in ATL has been getting rifles and lowers plus parts in on a regular basis for the last couple of months. I ordered a lower through them and had it with 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
My dealer here in ATL has been getting rifles and lowers plus parts in on a regular basis for the last couple of months. I ordered a lower through them and had it with 3 weeks.

I'd have to say you're the exception, not the rule.

Too many guys have been waiting for months, It's really too bad.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#33]
I just got an email that said my RRA Varminter was going to ship tomorrow - I ordered it late January - I think that is excellent! I was told that it would take 8-10 weeks, and it has only been 4-5.

My vote still stays with RRA.
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Ordered my RRA Tac. entry Today, I'll have it by Monday...Don't order direct get it HERE
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ordered my RRA Tac. entry Today, I'll have it by Monday...Don't order direct get it HERE

Says there out of stock..
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Special ordered an A-4 mid-length with quad rails, 6 position stock and Dominator mount for my son-in-law Jan 15th. Came in yesterday, and he picked it up today. 5 weeks, direct from Rock River.

While it was sitting out, with the Eotech mounted he wanted, waiting for him to drive in to pick it up, two other customers saw it and ordered ones just like it.

He's a happy boy now.

Lonny
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guess I got the last one
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Hooray the wait is over!

Ordered my RRA CAR A2 with M4-pattern barrel on 11/24. It walked into my dealers' shop Monday (2-22). Picked it up today and to me it was worth the wait!. I was getting mad but admit I got over that when I saw it there and put my hands on it!

As said above, different strokes for different folks is right, but some of you Colt-whores tickle the shit out of me! Colt is the only rifle worth waiting for? It's an investment? Only to you and other narrow-minded Colt sheep! Get real! Any of the top 4 makers are going to be quality and nowadays you're going to have to wait for any of them! Some Colt-lover said that an RRA is just a collection of outsourced parts? I hear Colt has jumped on the cost-saving vendor bandwagon too...don't rain on some dude's parade just because he likes something besides a Colt (heaven forbid!) and don't throw stones if you reside in a casa made of glass! If all you'll buy is Colt, well, you're wasting too much of your money, not mine - plus I won't have to wait in line behind you when I order another Rock River rifle!

One of these days Colt rifles are going to be about as desirable as their shit pistols are now!
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#39]
19 weeks,  RRA upper only.  I thought they forgot about or lost the order, but it finally came in last week
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 11:53:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Ordered my stripped lower oct 3rd  was told 4-8 weeks still waiting. Thinking of getting a stag to tide me over in the meantime.
-sigadvantage-
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 4:58:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Get the Stag lower - they are really nice. I ordered one and will order more of them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 5:17:52 AM EDT
[#42]
I got mine in 10 weeks, I received it just before Christmas.  It is pretty sweet and everybody that looks at it seems to be impressed.  The best line yet was the guy at the gun show the otherday who was bragging about how he just got a bushmaster that was identical to my rifle for 1186 bucks.  He then picked mine up and said it was quite abit tighter than his new bushy.  He would cry if he knew what I paid for mine.  Without doing the math exactly I am in the same ballpark give or take 50$ as him with a EOTech on mine.
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Eagle Firearms in CO has some RRA stuff in stock.  I ordered an complete 16" Entry Tactical upper with a chrome lined barrel from them yesterday.  They have some other uppers and some complete rifles in stock as of 2/22/05 1PM

www.ar15dealer.com or 303-655-0268

Chris and Kendra are great to deal with.  I would recommend them highly.

Good Luck,

FB
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

complete rifles in stock today 2/23...better hurry.... RRA Entry Tactical
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Woot!  Got the last Tactical Entry!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 11:59:28 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Woot!  Got the last Tactical Entry!!!!!

Tell Chris to send me my commission...lol.... Congrats!! It's a great deal and great service from those guys at Eagle, I am very impressed with them!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Tell Chris to send me my commission...lol.... Congrats!! It's a great deal and great service from those guys at Eagle, I am very impressed with them!!

Thanks for the lead!

Man!  I can't wait to add another AR to the collection.  Just a few more and I'll have enough for the whole family when we hit the range!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 12:03:21 PM EDT
[#48]
As I said I would I call at the four week mark. It is still on back order. And the particular rifle I ordered (UTE2) will have orders shipped in the order they were received. They are now shipping orders from October of 04 for this particular rifle. The hold up is the upper it self.

I am in no hurry to receive this rifle but it would be nice. Buy the time the RRA does ship I will probably have bought another brand off the shelf. If I did not want the UTE2 I would cancel my order. I cant believe that so many people want this bastardized A2, that production cant keep up.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Been waiting on a RRA Chrome lined R4 barrel since the end of Oct....Long Long wait
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top