Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/13/2005 6:05:31 AM EDT
I've been wondering, why are these so popular. It seems like people jump at the chance to buy these marked items. What happens if there is another ban? Are police going to question everyone with an 'LEO' stamped receiver or mag until the serial# is run? I know it shouldn' matter but then again alot of things shouldn't. The LE6920 is stamped,
Restricted
Military/Government
Law Enforcement/Export
Use Only

I'm also seeing 'US Property' marked RRA lowers for sale.
Just an innocent question not meant to offend anyone. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:10:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Collectablilty.

If there is another ban, the value will likely go up. Even if there is not another ban, eventually the price will likely go up. The "end of an erra" kinda thing.

I serously doubt that these will be banned if there is a new ban to take its place. They will probably just change the markings.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:12:20 AM EDT
[#2]
First, another ban .  Please do your part to make sure it doesn't happen.

Second, it seems many people want what they couldn't previously have.  I would get one, but I would not pay one cent of premium to get one.

Second, should the "next ban" happen, some probably feel that they will make big dollars for stuff like this.

Honestly, should the "next ban" happen, the gun industry would likely have to come up with some other, specific wording to make stuff LEO only again, since there is already so much LEO only stamped stuff already out there.  Date stamping would probably be in that mix somewhere also.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:19:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I cant figure out the whole US Property crazy, but then I wouldnt want to have to explain why it looked like I was transporting govt weapons in a personal vehicle.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:10:23 AM EDT
[#4]
LEO MAGS are cheaper than pre ban mags, as some statyes still have a ban.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:16:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Just cover the markings with duct tape and you'll be golden!
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I think LEO markings are just fine.  Most of them were quality jobs, not cheap after-market.  Anybody who wanted to sell to a police agency usually did it right.  The LEO marked Glock Mags are all drop-free, correct?  You know you are getting factory-backed good stuff.  I'm in for a few Glock mags and ten LEO marked AR-15 mags for my 'emergency kit.'  I rotate the ammo with a LULA so it doesn't damage my fancy TAP ammo.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:17:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replys. You added a couple things I had not thought of. Re-badging for one.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Seems to me that as long as there are several states with their own AW Bans then the makers will continue to produce LEO/GOVT ONLY rifles for the law enforcement officers in these states....LL...
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I recently picked up a Colt 6920 LEO marked weapon. I don't really care about the markings and I doubt if it will increase the value of my weapon. Even if it did, I've waited for over ten years to get a weapon with all of the "evil" features. I wanted a decent quality m4gery and was having a hard time finding any brand AR's in stock around here. My dealer had some in stock so after deciding that I didn't have the patience to wait on a waitling list any longer I decided to get it. Someday when I pass the rifle along to my son, the markings should just be a sad reminder of a time when we surrendered some of our freedom for a ridiculous cause.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top