Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/12/2005 9:00:07 AM EDT
What causes my Bushmaster AR15 to doubletap. It happens a few times everytime I shoot it.

Is the Firingpin,bolt,ect getting worn out...?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Thanks for any and all Help - Travis
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Worn disconnector, or you're keeping your finger on the trigger after your first shot (like a bump fire).
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:07:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Disconnector. Can I replace it in or does it need to be put in by a Pro. How much does it cost.

Thanks - Travis
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I just looked on Bushy's website. The disconnector is only about $6 from them.
Bushmaster small parts

It's pretty easy to do. Maybe 5 minutes if you have the correct sized punch to get the trigger pin out.

WIZZO

WOW! first time I ever linked to anything. And more amazingly......it worked
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just looked on Bushy's website. The disconnector is only about $6 from them.
Bushmaster small parts

It's pretty easy to do. Maybe 5 minutes if you have the correct sized punch to get the trigger pin out.

Spot on.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine was a Hammer/Trigger replacement, for what it's worth.

My weapon would fire a second round when I let off the trigger after firing the first round.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#6]
It could also be your disconnector spring.   Replace both the spring and the disconnector.   An enhanced spring would be good also.   Specialized Armament Warehouse (www.sawsales.com) has them on-line for about $3.00 part # SA06001.   They also have the disconnetor.   Good luck and good shooting
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#7]
As mentioned it can also be bad engagement between the hammer and trigger - particularly if someone has polished the nose of the trigger in an attempt to get a better trigger pull. In any case, it is a cheap repair.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
As mentioned it can also be bad engagement between the hammer and trigger - particularly if someone has polished the nose of the trigger in an attempt to get a better trigger pull. In any case, it is a cheap repair.

YES!  I had Ken look at mine because I like getting it right the first time.  My parts were unmodified, but that was still my problem.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top