Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2005 9:53:32 PM EDT
but how the heck do you install the thing on a fixed front site (M4 type) carbine?

I understand that one is supposed to remove the FSB from the barrel in order to slide on a standard free float tube, like the Larue, KAC, or DD seven-inch units, but how does one get the FSB to stick up through that opening in the top rail of the 12-inch carbine unit?

It's a neat looking rig, but a bit more money than the standard 7.
I like the idea of "more real estate" (today, at least!), but am a bit confused about assembly.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never done it but it looks like you slide them both on the barrel together. The forend looks like it has cutouts on the side to install the taper pins.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe that's it!

Looking at the photo available at the DD website, those holes do seem to be in about the right positions.

Cool . . . . .
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info, y'all.
I feel kind of unobservant right now.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top