Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2005 4:49:25 PM EDT
Where can I get a "real" Vortex Flash Hider?  I know you can get stucff directly from Smith but do any of the dealers on here sell their stuff?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#1]
ADCO and G&R Tactical are where I get mine.  There's a shortage of all types of flash hiders these days.  Can't figure out why????  They were so easy to get a year ago.  What happened????
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Would just order it from:
Smith Enterprises Vortex

$45.00 plus shipping
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Got one of mine from ADCO.  Got the other from Brownells (C&R discount, of course)

Woody
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Gentlemen:

I have a RRA post-ban rifle I'd like to put a flash hider/muzzle brake on.  What came on the rifle is a "press-on" fake suppressor.  How does one remove a press-on suppressor?  It appears to be on there permanently, like it was installed by a machine.  Secondly, which suppressor or muzzle brake comes in a press-on type?  I'm not really interested in drilling holes in my barrel as some have suggested.  Is there a press-on version of the Vortex or other name-brand suppressor?  Thanks...

BD
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Just order from the factory or Brownell's.  The factory is doing everything possible to keep up with the military demand.  Remember: with Smith Enterprise the priority is to the military military and FMS market. Period. US civilian concerns at the retail level, such as weapons work, etc., are attended to when there is time.  The same is true of the Vortex.  Having said that, appproximately 200 G6A2's should be available from Smith Enterprise directly in the next couple of weeks.  Order now before another unit in OIF gobbles them up.  Got two G6A2's a while back  -- one went on my issue M4 and was simply amazing on the night qual range.  Accuracy tightened up a tad, too.   You must rezero, naturally. BTW, read new T&E on the Vortex vs. the er, "competition" in SWAT.  Nuff said.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Gentlemen:

I have a RRA post-ban rifle I'd like to put a flash hider/muzzle brake on.  What came on the rifle is a "press-on" fake suppressor.  How does one remove a press-on suppressor?  It appears to be on there permanently, like it was installed by a machine.  Secondly, which suppressor or muzzle brake comes in a press-on type?  I'm not really interested in drilling holes in my barrel as some have suggested.  Is there a press-on version of the Vortex or other name-brand suppressor?  Thanks...

BD[/quote

ADCO Firearms does an "ugly muzzle" fix on those RRA fake flash suppressor rifles.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top