Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 1:35:51 PM EDT
On my M4 I am having trouble deciding between putting an ACE rifle length stock or a normal A2 stock on.  I do not like the collapsible stocks because they do not feel sturdy enough for me.

Ace or A2?

Except it has an M4 profile barrel, DD 7.0, ARMS #40 flip-up sight, and eventually an optic.

Thanks again,

M11293
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the ACE looks kinda cool. If 'not sturdy enough' is your only concern with collapsable stocks, check out the ACE socom stock, I have one and love it, I'd bet it's as sturdy as an A2 any day. I've also heard lots of good stuff about the magpul stock.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 for the ACE stock.  I have one and love it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like to try a magpul, but I am not willing to buy one to find out if I like it or not.  I cannot stand the shakiness a collapsible stock offers.

If I use the ACE stock's rubber butt pad it causes the screw used for that buttpad to be to long and that causes the bolt not to catch onto the bolt catch.  Anything I can do to fix this?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:03:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Magpuls are very rigid and don't wobble around like a M4 stock.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an ACE stock and love it.  However you will not be able to use any of the aftermarket sling plates that fit the standard stocks.  But the ACE does come with a swivel stud that can be places at various points on the stock.  I don't use a sling, so no big deal for me anyway.  In prone position, you can hook your thumb in the crutch for a more stable hold.  I've been eyeing the Magpul stock...but at over a hundred bucks, I'm only eyeing it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#6]
How long should the screw to the buttstock be with the recoil rubber pad on?  About as long as the flat one for use without the rubber recoil pad?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Big +1 for the ACE stock; it saves a good 3 or 4 ounces and is rock solid.  I've had mine for about 2 years now and I've never looked back after kicking that A2 stock to the curb.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have an ACE stock and love it.  However you will not be able to use any of the aftermarket sling plates that fit the standard stocks.  But the ACE does come with a swivel stud that can be places at various points on the stock.  I don't use a sling, so no big deal for me anyway.  In prone position, you can hook your thumb in the crutch for a more stable hold.  I've been eyeing the Magpul stock...but at over a hundred bucks, I'm only eyeing it.
img78.exs.cx/img78/8456/grayleft5kk.jpg

I had an H&K style single point sling plate by YHM mounted with my ACE stock, and it fit without issues. Made it through 223 class at Gunsite, anyway.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Is the ACE stock an A1 or A2 length?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:28:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I would like to try a magpul, but I am not willing to buy one to find out if I like it or not.  I cannot stand the shakiness a collapsible stock offers.

If I use the ACE stock's rubber butt pad it causes the screw used for that buttpad to be to long and that causes the bolt not to catch onto the bolt catch.  Anything I can do to fix this?

Dremel Tool.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:45:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

i think its a1 length but not sure. i know its shorter than the a2

oh and go with the ace
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:02:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Get both.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:03:23 AM EDT
[#13]
ACE for comfort
A2 for practicality, field use
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:07:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh and go with the ace

Is Ace the only crowd that makes that style of stock?  I was getting ready to order one until I just read this?  Damn!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#15]
I have both and they are easy to switch out from eachother.  The ACE stock is so comfortable and fairly sturdy.  The A2 is not so comfortable but is sturdier.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Amen here..I own both but am leaning towards the ACE..
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is A1 length so long as you don't put a buttpad on it.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm thinking of getting the Enrty ACE stock with the extra 1" buttpad. I currently have a CAV Arms A1 stock on my carbine. I love the CAV Arms stock but was thinking of changing to something cooler, although looks aren't everything and I'm getting an awesome cheek weld with the CAV.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I have the regular ACE as well as the SOCOM ACE. I like them both, but if I were to do it again, I would have bought 2 SOCOMs. That thing is so sturdy you could beat the devil to death with it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 3:14:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have the regular ACE as well as the SOCOM ACE. I like them both, but if I were to do it again, I would have bought 2 SOCOMs. That thing is so sturdy you could beat the devil to death with it.

Ace SOCOM's are the real deal. And the ability to pummel someone with the bottom of it is just a bonus (if you are so inclined)

dsgarms.com/images/products/M4SOCOM-Open_med.jpg

It does kind of look like a meat tenderizer doesn't it?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#22]
+1 for the ACE. I added a 1" buttpad to mine and its fits great.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top