Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2005 2:41:14 AM EDT
LMT 16" M4 profile upper, RRA enhanced Bolt ass.,

When I (safely) charge a live round and manually extract it (unfired), I find that the bullet head is scratched... I've dealt with the same problem with my old bushy, but that was only after after a misfeed damaged the feedramp... This upper is new and is supposed to have M4 feedramps (which I assume would lessen the chance of this happening), right?  Either way, has anyone else noticed this type of occurance and what have you done to correct this problem, I'm guessing dremmel...

I really wouldn't care, I mean there have been no misfeeds or anything that would effect the rifle's function... Other than the fact that the bullet doesn't fly straight.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Op2
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:49:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:55:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Troy, you really put me at ease... I don't think I would have accepted that answer from anybody else. Thank you oracle!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
How do the lugs on the bolt scratch the bullet?

I can see the lugs scratching the lager dia brass casing, but not the bullet. AScratches on the bullet are caused bu the feed ramps or the barrel extension, not the bolt lugs.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I've noticed the same scratches on the bullet head also. But as troy said not a problem.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, so were talking about brass casing not the bullets.

I can see those are caused during extraction and loading, i just can see the actuall bullet (copper thing on the end) getting scratched by the bolt lugs during feeding.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got feeding problems with my new Bushy M4 A3 config. Only on the right stack with BH ammo 52gr MHP. Had a previous Bushy that did the same thing. Called the factory they want the upper shipped to them so they can check for a burr. I don't see anything?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ok, so were talking about brass casing not the bullets.

No, it's the bullet itself that can become scratched.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#9]
How does the bullet get scratched during extraction it is on its way down range?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:08:00 PM EDT
[#10]
nm,  I missed the part about him manually pulling the round out. Even though I cant see the bolt lugs scratching it I can see the locking lugs on the barrel extension causing scratches to the bullet.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top