Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2005 9:02:52 PM EDT
The 37mm flare launcher are not considered a firearm right?  I'm talking about the add on ones that look like the M203.  They are legal to buy and sell over the counter right?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#1]
correct. However you can only ever use it for flares.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Or smoke/flare shotgun shells right?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Or smoke/flare shotgun shells right?

Yeah, LEGALLY its limited to non-weapon (lethal or non) loads.  

That is, no sandbags, wood or metal rods, etc.  

Check this out:  

www.37mm.com/

and this:

www.okiebigbores.com/

You gotta roll your own-

Reloading is cheap

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#4]

While I'm in here, does anyone know of a 37mm launcher that attaches to a 16" midlength upper?

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's your One-Stop Source: www.37mm.com
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Until you register it as a DD and get your CLEO to sign off on it  

Then you can fire flechettes, HE, beanbags, etc. without worrying about it.  

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't think you could register a 37mm as a DD, I thought you had to buy a registered 40mm.
If you make your own HE, then you would be a manufacturer, that's a whole different ball game.
I didn't think it was that easy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:00:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't think you could register a 37mm as a DD, I thought you had to buy a registered 40mm.
If you make your own HE, then you would be a manufacturer, that's a whole different ball game.

From what I understand you can form 1 it.  Obviously it won't be as stout as the standard 40mm, but it is much cheaper.  

I'm not sure about making your own DD rounds, but if you registered as a DD you can then legally BUY them.  I'm no expert, this is just stuff I've read on the internet.  

I'm going to try and Form 1 a 37mm though, just because I live in IL and DD's are the the only NFA toys I can have.  We'll see how it goes.  

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:09:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Isn't reloading rounds dangerous?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:33:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep us posted on your progress.

From what I understand you can form 1 it.  Obviously it won't be as stout as the standard 40mm, but it is much cheaper.  

I'm not sure about making your own DD rounds, but if you registered as a DD you can then legally BUY them.  I'm no expert, this is just stuff I've read on the internet.  

I'm going to try and Form 1 a 37mm though, just because I live in IL and DD's are the the only NFA toys I can have.  We'll see how it goes.  

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#11]
If you form 1 it as a DD you can shot anti personel rounds put not explosive rounds
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If you form 1 it as a DD you can shot anti personel rounds put not explosive rounds

The explosive rounds are in themselves a DD.. If you buy them legally you can shoot them.. But $200 a pop to uncle same, and whateer the round would cost you, that is some expensive shooting..
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#13]
just put one on a sp1 she looks pretty sweet
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#14]
With the right primer, you could also launch potatoes.  Then, you could make french fries while you wait for the horde to triangulate on that flare you just sent up.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes you can dd it it the only way you can shot anything other than smoke flares or gas and i thinks its a form 1
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Thanks for the clarification.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#17]
F.A.C. has them(gunsnstuff.net). Thats where I bought mine. It's pretty cool. Shells are cheap and reloading is easy. It can be dangerous but it's the cheapest way to shoot these things. They are not exatly like the m203. But they are stll cool.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
F.A.C. has them(gunsnstuff.net). Thats where I bought mine. It's pretty cool. Shells are cheap and reloading is easy. It can be dangerous but it's the cheapest way to shoot these things. They are not exatly like the m203. But they are stll cool.

Do you think its worth it?  Or should I save up and buy a 9mm pistol to replace the one I sold?

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#19]
You can get a 12GA adapter for the 37mm Flare launcher!!  But then you are in a world entailing "short barreled shotguns" &  other DD ethics....

Coffee  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top