Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2005 1:59:12 PM EDT
Can somebody reccomend a good place to buy an a-2 front post sight tool?

I checked Bushmaster and the like, but shipping makes it not worth the part.

Preferably they would also sell standard front posts.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#1]
A local gun show perhaps.  I would just order some more stuff from bushmaster or Brownells like a spare parts kit from Yellow Tavern to make the shipping worth it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Spare parts sounds like a good idea. Would you reccomend one of their pre-packaged spare parts kits like a field repair kit? Or would it be better to choose my own parts?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#3]
adco makes a front sight tool along with a lot of other nice tools and while your at it there are a bunch of cool stuff.

shipping isnt bad either
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought mine from here:

cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cart=90895&cat=19&

Then I modified it by drilling a 1/4" hole and machining a little pointed piece out of delrin to use as a take down tool.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a 4 and a 5 slot tool from Steve at the Oly booth (next to MEGA) at the Puyallup show on Saturday. IM me and I will give you his fon#
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:52:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I use the "intended" tool for the FS: a 5.56 round. $6.95 for a better application won't break the bank or anything, but I can think of a better way to spend it myself. To each his own though.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Brownells carries one too.  It's listed under AR-15 Sight Wrench.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#8]
You probably already have one:
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I've used bullets, and I think they are a pain. I managed to scratch up the post and it was tricky to do on brand new guns with super stiff springs.

Thanks for the info on Steve from Oly, I will have relatives pick up a sight tool at the next gun show hopefully.

thanks for the feedback
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top