Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2005 1:06:07 PM EDT
Anyone using a roll pin to hold their front sling swivel on?  I was talking to a guy day before yesterday that says it's a bad idea, they tend to back out.  I just don't want to mess with the rivet, and my M4 upper came with a roll pin instead of a rivet.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#1]
You could put a side sling mount on it.  Or just use a single point sling as I do.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer a full-length sling for carrying any distance.  Single-point is great for CQB or multi-gun match shooting, but I go shoot in the woods periodically and would rather carry a rifle with a two-point sling if I have to hike a ways.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Some of the reputable companies use rivets to put in together.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:53:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a half dozen sling swivels in front of me and a 1/8" roll pin.  The roll pin is very tight in four of them, these look new, BTW.  It is loose in the other three, and these ones look used.

You may be able to find a tight fitting 1/8" roll pin at your local hardware store, but you may not find the exact length, so some trimming may be needed.  The pin I have is 3/8" long and is tight in the swivel and loose in the swivel ears, but it works.

Bring your sling swivel with you for test fitting.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

When do you want him to show up at your place, Mongo?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:44:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When do you want him to show up at your place, Mongo?

If he's willing to make the trip, I've got a couple dozen of these roll pins in my parts bin.  His local hardware store may be a tad closer, though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top