Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 1:00:11 PM EDT
Hi guys! I'm planning to order a 100 rounds of Black Hills (preferably red box) HP from Cabela's and I’m wondering which you guys would recommend?
I have two M4's. One has a 1/7 twist the other a 1/9. I'd like to be able to use the ammo in both weapons if I can get effectiveness out to at least 100 yards. I'm wondering which weight you guys would recommend and why. Also do you recommend the Match King or Boat Tail Hollow point round or something else? I'd like to use the heaviest bullet possible that will also give me acceptable ballistics performance.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#1]
68gr will definately work in both 1x9 and 1x7.  75gr might or might now work in 1x9.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a link to a thread yesterday that might be of help:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=218907

Hope this helps, and the Ammo Oracle link is a great one to bookmark, too.

HH
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Rock River M4 clone with a 1:9 twist and it fired both the 68gr match hollow points and the 69gr match king fine, never tried anything higher from it.  The 69gr grouped better but both were fine.  Sorry I don't have any pics.  The remanufactured stuff is great and saves you some money to buy even more ammo.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#4]
here is one of my groups out of a 1x8 twist with 68gr. at 100yds  5-shots

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top