Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2005 12:00:21 PM EDT
I am interested in installing a A.R.M.S. SIR. I'd like to go with the M model but don't know how difficult it is to remove the deltal ring. Anyone out there know a step by step instruction to remove the delta ring.
thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
JUst carefully dremel through one side of it. Use a flathead screwdriver to pop the Delta Ring in half and remove it. Grab the weld spring with a pair of vice grips and pull it off.....same with the handguard snap ring. That should do it.

It's a little Wile E.Coyote I know but it worked for me on three carbines so far
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
JUst carefully dremel through one side of it. Use a flathead screwdriver to pop the Delta Ring in half and remove it. Grab the weld spring with a pair of vice grips and pull it off.....same with the handguard snap ring. That should do it.

It's a little Wile E.Coyote I know but it worked for me on three carbines so far

That works and is recommended by Troy for their MRF.

The other way is to remove the barrel and slide the parts off the end.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#3]
VTDefender's method worked for me also. I was told how to do it by SMGLee.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#4]
More completely innocent parts soon to die the horrible Dremel death.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#5]
If you were close by I'd change it out for you cause I can always use a spare delta group.

Danny
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top