Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2005 11:09:23 AM EDT
Can someone explain the difference in the trigger pull of the std. RRA 2 stage and the tuned RRA?

Thanks,

Steve
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#1]
The tuned trigger has a more predictable second stage with no discernable creep and a crisp break.  The standard triggers often seem to have a soft, even spongy feeling second stage.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both and will only be buying the tuned triggers from now on.  It's much smoother and the break is very clean.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Go tuned or go home!  ;)  Hey there!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Just tune it yourself, Does the RRA not come with instructions for stoning out the creep ??
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:57:29 PM EDT
[#5]
i have both and love the tuned one.  it breaks way cleaner than the non and is really smooth.

i would bother tuning it myself since i couldnt predict the outcome and the woa isnt that much more and it is proven to be good
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:10:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Can someone explain the difference in the trigger pull of the std. RRA 2 stage and the tuned RRA?

Thanks,

Steve

2-Stage Trigger.  1st stage, take up play on trigger....Stop....2nd Stage: squeeze any harder from that point, the trigger will break...

Single Stage Trigger (Like your stock one) No taking up of play. Squeeze trigger and it will break.

2-stage triggers are good for accuracy shooting. It improves consistancey and timing.

Single stage triggers are good for faster shots from a semi-auto, but usually have to have a heavier pull than a 2 stage for safty reasons (usually)
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:51:19 AM EDT
[#7]
If you have the money, it's obvious that you should go with the tuned trigger.  That said, I don't think the factory 2 stage trigger is "bad," especially compared to a factory standard trigger.  My factory RRA standard trigger is just smoothing out some, but is heavy and has noticable creep.  My brother-in-law's factory RRA 2 stage trigger is much smoother (after a lot fewer rounds!), has no creep, and breaks at a very light pressure (it REALLY surprised me when it went off the first time I fired it).  I did notice that the 2 stage wasn't "crisp," but it's more trigger than I need (or can afford) right now.

My take is that you won't be sorry with RRA's 2 stage trigger, but if you have the cash, go all the way.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:58:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Who sells the tuned RRA 2-stage?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:04:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Check out Jewell. I replaced RRA and Bushmaster 2-stage triggers and it's a big improvement.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:10:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I have been following comments about them for about a year.  With a new trigger, most think they are pretty good with the WOA tuned trigger being better.

Comments from people that shoot the trigger a lot, mostly match shooters, indicate a problem with SOME of the stock units.  Around 2,000 to 5,000 rounds the first stage goes away and the trigger becomes an extremely light (unsafe?) one stage.  I haven't heard of this problem with the WOA modified triggers.

I can not determine the % of stock triggers that have the problem, but seems to be more than an acceptable number.

I would consider the WOA if I wanted a nice 4 lb. trigger on a target/range rifle.  For the extra $25 I would send it in for the tune up.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Who sells the tuned RRA 2-stage?

Adcofirearms.com My Ar10 loves that trigger
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Duh ! Just do it yourself. The Arm/RRA trigger will have creep untill it is tuned/stoned to the individual receiver it is installed in. The reason why some people drop a RRA in and it has a mile of creep or no 2nd stage is due to the trigger and hammer pin holes not all being drilled the same tolerance wise . holes to close together = lot of creep too far apart = no second stage.

Instructions for the Armalite..

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top