Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 5:37:08 PM EDT
Long time lurker, first post.  I have seen a number of ads on gunbroker and auction arms describing rifle or receiver as "unblocked" or "factory unblocked".  I searched the forum back 30 days and got zip.  Could somebody enlighten me?  Thanks,
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC they are referring to the recievers being able to recieve a DIAS/convert to a full auto weapon.  If I am wrong someone will correct me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:46:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a colt ad. Right before the AWB (91 or so IIRC) Colt installed a block for the DIAS in it's civvy rifles. It's moot for most as we aren't criminals and few of us will put an RDIAS in our ARs, but it ended up fucking up some competition triggers and what not. I suspect the rifle is

1. a mysterious white label Colt (unlikely)

2. a pre-blue label colt

3. a post green label (non white) that had its sear block removed

4. an LE version colt.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Good guess!  There are several LEO's , a blue label and a green label on gun broker now...  all mention unblocked in the ad copy.  I figured it was some configurational change that would allow full auto, but hadn't heard the term before.  Thanks for the info,
Tim
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I just took delivery of an LE6721 and it came blocked..... was surprised to say the least.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top