Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 5:09:55 PM EDT
Well...the funshow is next wknd......I have a 16"Bushmaster flat top and really enjoy it. I also have a Savage 12 bvss...I really enjoy this one too, the accuracy is "real" good. I realize that the AR will not shoot the tight groups like the Savage does...."but wait"....if I had a complete 24" stainless, flutted bull barrel or varmint upper...well maybe I could get closer to those tight groups."haveBushmaster's web site shows them for $725.00 (i think) but I understand there is a long wait...JT's shows one comparable and looks like somewhere around $ 525.00. they will probable be at this show too !! After looking a little more, seems like my better deal would be buy a kit...cheaper buy a few $$. I could just swap my Bushmaster lower back and forth untill I get a lower....hey this is looking better yet !  what do you all think about this, am I thinking in the right direction?   I am new to reloading and have alot of fun working up loads that shoot well in my rifles so this could add a new challenge  there too. need your thoughts...and ...thanks !
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:26:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I am going to do this myself but will be using a  RRA A4 20" SS 1/8 RRA to go on my Stag carbine  Lower with RRA NM trigger. I am debating which FF forend and which folding Sights and Optics. Another lower later. I should be at the 1500 show myself.  Last time there were quite a few  really affordable 20"/24" uppers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Well CAA, it's hard to believe that you and I are the only "2" that has ...uhh...thought/already done/ fill in the blank___ this.. Oh well.
what are you thinking the RRA will cost you as a complete upper? I read that the RRA is a good one. I'm trying to satisfy my mind in the J & T product as compaired to bushmaster and RRA...I mean is there really that much difference in accuracy ? will I be disappointed that I did not wait a save a few more $$. What groups are you expecting from your rifle ? How does your current configuration shoot ?
I have no one where I shoot, that has ever had an AR around for me to see how it shoots for comparisons... just currious I guess.
thanks for your reply.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top