Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2005 2:19:02 AM EDT
I've looked, searched, googled and cant find anyone except Cav Arms who are said to possess them but there's nothing on their website.
I'm looking for a chrome lined, Gov profile, forged "F" marked FSB, 4150 steel, threaded muzzle mid-length barrel.  

Who's got 'em?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:18:33 AM EDT
[#1]
RustyTx of DSG sells complete uppers on the EE. He is super cool to deal with. Great service.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:07:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've looked, searched, googled and cant find anyone except Cav Arms who are said to possess them but there's nothing on their website.
I'm looking for a chrome lined, Gov profile, forged "F" marked FSB, 4150 steel, threaded muzzle mid-length barrel.  

Who's got 'em?

Good luck.  

I don't know about Cav Arms, but Armalite was the closest, last I knew, but they weren't 4150, nor did they have the "F" marked FSB.  Since Colt and Bushmaster seem to be the only two the use 4150, I would guess Cav's are 4140.  I'd bet the Cav Arms doesn't have the "F" marked FSB, either.

Closest thing would be giffman's group buy barrel, which you should be able to get them from places like ADCO, that bought up the excess.  It's not gov't profile, though.  It also doesn't have the "F" marked FSB.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:05:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't know about Cav Arms, but Armalite was the closest, last I knew, but they weren't 4150, nor did they have the "F" marked FSB.  Since Colt and Bushmaster seem to be the only two the use 4150, I would guess Cav's are 4140.  I'd bet the Cav Arms doesn't have the "F" marked FSB, either.

According to RustyTX, the Cav bbl is 4150 and has a forged FSB.
Don't know about the F mark, but according to UPS, I should know tomorrow.
Thing is, I don't know that individual bbls are for sale, and AFAIK RustyTX is the only dealer that sells the upper, and again AFAIK, he is presently out of stock.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:12:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thing is, I don't know that individual bbls are for sale, and AFAIK RustyTX is the only dealer that sells the upper, and again AFAIK, he is presently out of stock.

You're right on the 4150, but this is a kit.  Would the barrels be available separate?  That'd be nice info to know for future reference.

Midlength Rifle Kits
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:20:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You're right on the 4150, but this is a kit.  Would the barrels be available separate?  That'd be nice info to know for future reference.

Midlength Rifle Kits

Uppers are available on his website.
I don't know about single bbls, but I do know he's real good about answering e-mail.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:21:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Midlength Rifle Kits

I don't know if its been changed since the AWB sunsetted or if you guys care but the FSB in that pic does not have a bayo lug? Considering that, I wonder if the cav comp is threaded on or if its permanent?.

What going on with the ADCO barrels? It seems like they haven’t had their RRA\Wilson chrome lined, A2 profiled, preban middies in stock for a while? Is there that much of a back log at RRA?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:25:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Midlength Rifle Kits

I don't know if its been changed since the AWB sunsetted or if you guys care but the FSB in that pic does not have a bayo lug? Considering that, I wonder if the cav comp is threaded on or if its permanent?.

What going on with the ADCO barrels? It seems like they haven’t had their RRA\Wilson chrome lined, A2 profiled, preban middies in stock for a while? Is there that much of a back log at RRA?

I read through the thread and the DO NOT have a bayonet lug.  That would never stop me from buying something like this, but other people place a greater importance on the bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:41:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I have been told that you can get one from ADCO, but.... You have to order the barrel and then request that it be contoured to the A2 profile for an additional fee. The one I looked at was going to run about $250 for the barrel with the contour job. No upper included in that price.

And that one does have the standard front sight, A2 FH and bayo lug....

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:06:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have been told that you can get one from ADCO, but.... You have to order the barrel and then request that it be contoured to the A2 profile for an additional fee. The one I looked at was going to run about $250 for the barrel with the contour job. No upper included in that price.

And that one does have the standard front sight, A2 FH and bayo lug....

I already have one of those and yes, the profiling under the handguards is an option and to get it like that with chrome lining and in preban configuration cost $250. That said, they use to usually have a number of them in stock that where already profiled. Not sure if that's not the case anymore because there seem to be a number of people looking for them and can't get 'em? Or are people just not willing to pay $250 for that barrel? I would agree it is a little pricey for what it is but in mid-length barrels, there are not a lot of options out there.

I really wish the Giffman GB would have gone with the A2 profile. IMO, it would have then been perfect although I really have no compliants with the ADCO\RRA barrel. Who among us will ever really see a practical difference between 4140 and 4150 chromemoly and I personally will never use anything heavier then M855 in this gun so the 1/9 twist is just fine too for my purposes.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#10]
If anyone ever sells 1/9 lighweight chomre lined under handguard midelgnth barrels with bayo lugs and a threaded end for $200 they will make a mint, becuase I know at least a half dozen folks who would buy them, me included.

Too bad you can't get just the Cavarms barrel.  Hell, I would swap the FSB myself if it was under $200.

And ditto on the 1/9.  This whole 1/7 stuff = teh ghey
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Got my upper today. UPS was taking their time.
It is an F marked fsb, but no bayo. The Cav Comp isn't pinned in place. In fact, mine needs to be tightened. I just turned it off by hand. Looks like I'll need to dig up a crush washer too. I'm not surprised by that. In their ad they said the 14.5" bbls. needed to have the comp pinned, and that they didn't provide that service.

Quoted:
And ditto on the 1/9.  This whole 1/7 stuff = teh ghey

1/7 will handle anything down to 55gr. So unless you are shooting a lighter bullet, there isn't an advantage to 1/9
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#12]
What's the deal with the "F" marked FSB?  I've got two RRA mid-length, chrome lined barrels... One's from ADCO, it's skinny under the HG, and the other one is from Pete in NH, turned to med. profile and fluted by KKF...  Both have bayo lugs, but the ADCO barrel has a "G" marked FSB, and the Pete/KKF barrel has the almighty "F".  What's the difference?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top