Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 12:33:35 PM EDT
3 years ago I bought NIB a Colt MT 6731 HBAR II ...Here's what I need to know before the Congress decides to reinstate the ban ( It will happen sooner than later thanks to our SKS deerhunter in Wisconsin)

A.  I want a Flash Suppressor for this barrel (any thing other than the existing barrel with recessed area).  Does the barrel diameter matter when it comes to threading it...in other words, are there certain FS i needed to buy inorder to fit my barrel?

B.  Any complains about CavArms furniture? M4 buttstock, Carbine handguards & ergo grip

C.  Does Wolf ammo suck for anything other than blasting?  Which grain should I use for a 1:9 RH for bench shooting / varmint shooting (coyotes)...i'm not looking for <1" MOA @ 100yd, just enough to dust whatever I aim at around 100 yards.

D.  Does adding a bayonet lug do anything other than possibly not being able to have it later?  If I have to end up fixing bayonet during a home invasion...something definately went FUBAR.

E.  Any idea of who makes a good mount for a Surefire Z2 Combat light?

Thanks for the help.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#1]
A.  You just need to get your barrel threaded.  

B.  CavArms seems to have a pretty good reputation.  I don't own any of their stuff, so can't comment further.

C.  Good blasting ammo.  If your rifle shoots it well, then go for it.  Lots of other threads addressing this question.

D.  Adding a bayo lug is problematic since your barrel is already drilled for current front sight base pins.  You could use one of the 4 screw FSBs from Fulton Armory if you really want one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#2]
BTW, AR-15Aggie
Welcome to AR-15.COM!

Hook 'em, Horns
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome , you got a great gun.
I do not think the incident in Wisconsin will force anything to happen much less reversing the Anti Weapons Ban. I saw a news story on FOX from Los Angeles right before 9-12-04 where some gangbangers were robbing something and they all had AK47s and were falling down with they' baggie pants down around their thighs butt cracks and boxer shorts(the price a cat pays for the cool factor) I believe they even opened fire at one point a local camera crew caught it on tape. If anything was going to influence what has, what was destined, and what did expire it would have that event. Rest assured new guy we will never see an anti weapons ban in the form Clintons administration meant it to be. So clean out your head gear as sad as that incident was for hunters and Americans all across the country there is far worse occuring every day that the media does not get wind of involving assault weapons. IMHO
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top