Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 1:27:48 AM EDT
Can anyone recommend a good tactical shooting book? I want to order one but wanted to see if I could get a heads up on what to buy and what not to buy. I'm currently deployed and living the good life in the greater Baghdad area, and wanted to read up on some things in my spare time here. I have an M4gery at home, I was issued an M16 here, but I rarely get to do any shooting.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Good shooting
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:51:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell, you're writing one every day!  j/k

I've only read Gabe Suarez's "The Tactical Rifle" and Maj. John Plaster's "The Ultimate Sniper"...my library is pretty thin.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:08:14 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 on Tactical Rifle

Also Some Of The Answer, Urban Carbine by Jim Crews. He has some AK stuff in it, too. I bought all his firearm manuals on CD real cheap from his website.   Marksmans.com
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Also Some Of The Answer, Urban Carbine by Jim Crews. He has some AK stuff in it, too. I bought all his firearm manuals on CD real cheap from his website.   Marksmans.com

++++1 for Jim Crews! Very detailed! But I would order the book next time - its easier
to have a book in the Lap handling the Ar15 than starring at the screen (you can't
print the CD files).
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:36:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Jim Crews' books are the best.  When you order the carbine book you should consider getting at least the pistol book and probably the shotgun book too.  His are simply some of the best available and when you're talking about tactical rifle they are pretty much the only option worth considering.  

The other options to consider are Cooper's Art of the Rifle or Plaster's Ultimate Sniper book that cover target/accuracy work with a rifle.  You can also look at books on tactical pistol shooting that will have lots of info that can be transferred to the carbine.  After all, pieing a corner is pieing a corner no matter what you are armed with.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top