Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 6:03:26 PM EDT
Just a quick question are poeple that live in MD allowed to buy coll stocks to put on their weopons?

I know that high cap mags are no go But what about this?

Possiblity that my job may move me their...

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
you are allowed.  But there is MUCH you cannot do.  Don't move here unless you have to.  We lag only behind California in restrictive gun ownership laws.

There is a website devoted to thisMD AR15 Shooter's site
and they have stuff posted on all the laws there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I know that high cap mags are no go But what about this?

Magazines over 20 rounds are illegal to buy/sell/receive/transfer within Maryland, but are legal to possess.  If you already own them, just bring them with you.  More discussion here in the ar15.com Maryland hometown forum.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just a quick question are poeple that live in MD allowed to buy coll stocks to put on their weopons?

Yes

I know that high cap mags are no go

Who told you that BS?

You can have any capacity magazine you desire.  However in state you can only PURCHASE magazines with a capacity of 20 or less.  You can own any capacity you desire.

Most of us go to gunshows in PA & VA to buy anything larger - perfectly legal.

BTW MD is one of the few states where your Class 3 stuff (MG/SBR/Supressors) are pretty much 'Shall Approve' unlike the more 'gun friendly states of PA & VA...  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
you are allowed.  But there is MUCH you cannot do.  Don't move here unless you have to.  We lag only behind California in restrictive gun ownership laws.

While I appreciate the plug - you must not get out much if you think MD is restrictive.  Granted in many ways were more restricted than PA or VA.

But compared to NY, MA, NJ - they got us beat hands down; with CT it's pretty close - we're better on ARs and MGs, but they are better on handguns and CCWs.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:30:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

While I appreciate the plug - you must not get out much if you think MD is restrictive.  Granted in many ways were more restricted than PA or VA.

But compared to NY, MA, NJ - they got us beat hands down; with CT it's pretty close - we're better on ARs and MGs, but they are better on handguns and CCWs.

Yeah, one should count his lucky stars, I see your point.

BUT, one should also know what one's getting into when moving into a new state.  MD caught me pretty much unawares in 2001, and shortly thereafter, it just got worse.

The take home message is, know what the laws are going to be like before you move somewhere.  Not every state is like Ohio and New Mexico (where I formerly lives), some are trying to be like Kalifornia.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top