Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2005 2:49:29 PM EDT
ok, I picked up one of these today... I thought it was a good deal, NIB for $500 from someone that needed the cash...

since I am still relatively new to AR's, and have not had much building experience yet... I thought it would give me a decent project rifle to learn with..... of course the first thing that has to go is all the camo furniture.... so how about some upgrade suggestions..... of course pics will help so I know what you are talking about....

thanks,

WF
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#1]
come on guys.... doesnt anyone have any sugestions on what evil features to put on this...??
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I would take off the muzzle brake and put on an evil flash hider, like a Vortex or Phantom!
Then, since it's an M4 profile barrel, an Evil M4 Telestock
Then some evil rail handguards
Then, an evil Magpul pistol grip
And of course, an evil Aimpoint optic, M2 or ML2

That should do for starters.

Oh and $500, good price if it's in good shape.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#3]
You can change out furniture easily and cheaply.

Remove the brake.   Replace with Flash Hider.

The next thing is to change that buttstock for an M-4 Carbine or other adjustable buttstock.

Cool, a flattop, a nice Eotech 512 or other sight system will be good.  You can chop the carry handle sight to shorten it up.  Someone had a how-to on here for that, too.

But that's all just me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Sent you an Im white feather.
i would agree with the rest.
Collapsable stock, maybe a troy MRF or a rails system like that.
Got to bring out the evil.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#5]
put an m203 on it - very evil
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#6]
After the M203, a Suppressor, then, if the Ban of '86 ever dies, you can put it for full auto, and have the "appitamy" of EVIL!
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Do you realy need to ask. Go all evil. Flash sup, bayo lug, collapsable stock. Be sure to get a few thirtys.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy a new "pre-ban" 14.5" bbl with bayo lug and FH, replace the bbl you have.
Add a new tele-stock.
Sell the camo furniture in the EE.
GTG.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:04:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Man I hope this guy is a DEVIL DOG - ESPECIALLY since he is using the name of the most highly regaurded sniper in the history of the USMC.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#10]
just keeping the memory of the man alive....
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#11]
well here is what I have managed to do so far since I bought this rifle on Tuesday... I added an Ergo grip in OD green, and a KAC RASII.... more to come... its a work in progress...

started with this:

evolving:

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I would get some 11 rib KAC panels...

Thanks for whoever posted these.  They are an awesome reference for rail panels.

Far right.

Sweet Avatar you have there.

ETA:  Are you willing to sell the A3 carry handle.  I have been looking for one.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top