Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2005 3:26:28 AM EDT
Can someone post a link to the info on how to color in the lettering / logos on your lowers. I looked all over and couldn't seem to find anything. I am sure it was right under my nose. Also any pics of colored lettering / logos would be appreicated.  I recall seeing a "how to" involving paint, but don't remember exactly what it said. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 3:28:05 AM EDT
[#1]
You can use a crayon, Grease Pencil (China Marker) Or a Laquer-Stik. Brownells sells the Laquer Stiks. Check with your local craft store for the china markers.

www.memorableplaces.com/m1garand/whitelettering/whitelettering1.html
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 3:36:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Crayon...rub in..wipe off

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 1:19:24 AM EDT
[#3]
How long will crayon last? It seems like it would come off pretty easily. I am looking for something a little more permanent. I am guessing just paint, then wipe off the excess. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 1:35:37 AM EDT
[#4]
testors paint in a pen
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Just a helpful hint, When you go to use the paint, prior to the application, place a small amount of oil around what you want to color in, and use a degreaser on what you will color in. This will prvent the paint from sticking to other places. Two applications may be needed. Wipe off excess prior to drying. Have a few Q-Tips around for the detail work. It looks good if done properly. Hope this helps out.10TH Mountain Division-Climb to Glory
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#6]
error
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#7]
i filled in my safe/fire indicators in with crayon several months ago, and it has held up well. easy to fix if i decide that i don't like it one day.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:08:36 AM EDT
[#8]
http://www.microsqft.com/files/letteringcensored2.jpg

Did that with paint. Remove selector, apply, wipe with finger and clean with BF CLP.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:13:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Spray Paint.

Spray a little on a paper plate, dab a Q-tip into the paint and then onto the weapon, wipe off the excess with a rag that has a bit of Hoppe’s on it.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:10:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I used gold leaf once on a couple hand guns. Looked really cool but it did not last long when firing.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top