RRA NM 2 Stage
Samco G27
VLTOR Clubfoot 5 Position
B.M.A.S. Flup Up BUIS
30 Round Magazine
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:00:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh...not to ask the obvious, but why do you want someone to "build" such a gun for you? What I mean is, you seem pretty set on what you want which is is basically a "custom" utilizing several different brand name parts.

I'm sorry if I didn't answer your question. I just wanted to say that you are better off building this one by yourself. Save money, no waiting. Again, I mean no disrespect. you seem knowledgable and have AR experience.

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#2]
why not just build your own??

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:32:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no AR knowledge hardly but I just received my RRA upper today. I don't think it gets much easier than an AR. Soo simple.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:14:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I have never built an AR befor i want my fisrt one done right

no offense taken
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:19:25 AM EDT
[#5]
The Oly SUM barrel doesn't have M4 feedramps to match up with the ramps in the LMT upper. Why don't you just buy a complete Oly upper with their barrel.

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:28:27 AM EDT
[#6]
is it possible to buy m4 feed ramp?
then will it match up?
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:29:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Go to your Hometown Forum.  I'm sure there has to be somebody near you that would love to share their tools and show you the ropes at the same time.  

Hell I can't hang a curtain rod straight but I can build an AR.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:34:00 AM EDT
[#8]
i dont think we have a home town forum
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:43:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:53:52 AM EDT
[#10]
thanks, i dident think of looking for it on AR15

is it possible to buy m4 feed ramp?
then will it match up?
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:59:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
thanks, i dident think of looking for it on AR15

Hey, sounds like this is your first rifle?  I strongly recommand that you pick up a MF-built rifle say from BMI, shoot it and learn it before attempting to build your own rifle.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:00:13 AM EDT
[#12]
it wont be my frst rifle but it will be my first AR, i have shot ars before
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:02:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
it wont be my frst rifle but it will be my first AR, i have shot ars before

Have you taken one apart and clean it?  I strongly suggest you either take a class on it or buy a cheap AR $400-500, which can also double as a plinker.

That rifle you are trying to build there is mightly expensive, don't want to see you running into problems that's all.  Good luck and enjoy.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:02:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Any one know a dealer that builds and ships ARs? I need this built

Olympic Arms M4 Profile A2 Front Sight Threaded 1:8 SUM 16"
LMT A4 Upper Receiver Assembly
LMT Lower Receiver
A2 Flash Suppressor
Troy MRF CLower
RRA NM 2 Stage
Samco G27
VLTOR Clubfoot 5 Position
B.M.A.S. Flup Up BUIS
30 Round Magazine
Thanks

There is not a whole lot for anybody to build there if you just change the specs a little bit....

For the lower...

You can only buy LMT (made and marked) lowers already built. You can install the RRA NM trigger yourself (if you can't than you probably have no business owning firearms in the first place, it's that easy). To be honest, for the tactical style carbine you seem to be trying to build, I wouldn't use a 2 stage trigger on this gun anyway. The LMT lower will come with the correct ext. tube for a Vltor stock. You will simply slide off the factory stock and slide on the Vltor. You can replace the factory grip with the G27 yourself.

For the upper...

Why the Olympic barrel, especially with the M4 profile? You are asking for problems here especially considering, that barrel will not have the M4 feed ext. but you want an LMT receiver which has the M4 cuts? Just get a LMT Upper already built using a LMT 16" M4 barrel. It will be a better setup then you spec'd and can be easily bought from a number of sources. When you get it you can easily install the Troy MRF-C and BUIS yourself.

See, problem solved without any custom builder!
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:05:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Oh, and read this forum.  Read EVERYTHING on this forum.  The more time you spend here, the more you'll know about which parts you want, where to get it, and how to put it all together.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:08:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I wanted the Oly barrel because they are extremly accurate i dont know how well the LMT barrels shoot
i found out the SUM dosent come in m4 profile
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:12:10 AM EDT
[#17]
if bush pulls off a win in nm i come there to build it myself. jk but seriously if u want one build for first one i go with oly, bushmaster, colt, RRA. Then build that one for your secound one. thx
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#18]
The OA SS M4 barrel has M4 feedramps on the barrel extension, which should match up with the LMT upper quite nicely.  It sounds like a nice weapon.  Have you tried the G27?  People seem to love it or hate it, so make sure you have tried it before you pay extra for it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:16:48 AM EDT
[#19]
deleated
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:17:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I wanted the Oly barrel because they are extremly accurate

Says who? Either way, the gun you described is a defensive carbine, how accurate do you expect it to be? If Accuracy is your main goal, I suggest you re-think the whole build but that said, I bet the carbine you spec'd, using an LMT barrel and the right ammo will still be more accurate than you are capable of shooting.

There is a lot of truth to the saying, "It's not the gun, it's the guy squeezing the trigger"
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top