Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/2/2004 7:24:25 PM EDT
I have completed my M4.  It is highly no-ban and high-speed/low-drag modified, but the base rifle was a post-ban Colt MT6400c.

Anyway...

I am now considering building/buying a 20" rifle.

A few things to satisfy my pet-peeves:

1) It has to be all Colt.
2) It has to be no-ban compliant with all evil features in tact.
3) The barrel has to be 20" Government profile 1 in 7 with full chrome lined barrel and chamber.

I can't decide on A2 or A4 so I am considering both.

I am thinking about buying a Colt MT6601 (Match Target HBAR).
Remove and sell the barrel.
Buy one Colt M16A4 upper receiver assembly.
Buy two AR6551 20" Colt chrome lined Gov't 1 in 7 barrel and front sight assemblies.
Put one of these barrels on the MT6601 upper receiver and the other barrel on the M16A4 upper receiver.  Put a BUIS and an Optic on the M16A4 upper.
Interchange uppers as desired.

Is this reasonable?
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 12:06:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m doing the same thing.

What you see in the pic are both Bushmaster rifles, both an M4 and an A2; the Colts are next.

Your plan doesn’t sound reasonable, but it’s probably going to take something like that to get it done. I’ve thought about having the upper built by SAW, but that’s going to be a pretty penny. You might also look around for some good used parts if that would work for you.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 12:08:59 AM EDT
[#2]
No.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 12:26:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I would not do it...

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top