Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2004 6:49:32 PM EDT
Ok everyone, I'm building an Israeli clone, but I'm not sure what I should use, component-wise.  I was thinking to use an A1 (forward assist, but no brass deflector) upper reciever, with an M4 barrel or a light weight CAR barrel, b/c I've seen a lot of pics like that.  But I've also seen them w/ the C7 (both FA and brass deflector) type upper, w/ with a light weigh CAR barrel.  I'm unsure of what I should do, which would be the most accurate clone?  Thanks for your help in advance.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.isayeret.com/sniping/article.htm

Great site
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]
If you look around the isayeret website you will see, and there are comments about, the use of yellow stripes on the forends of their M-16s as an identifier for friendly forces.

They also seem to have a passion for the 10" commando barrel as a sign of elite forces.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Israeli soldiers dont care about Oakleys and looking cool so they tend to sport the old school, no frills,  Colt CAR15 with A1 sights, and the the Commando model which is ideal for security forces on patrol all day.

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#5]
i thought they are switching to the trevors
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I've spent a lot of time looking at the Isayeret website.  Seems that from the site, and all the carbines I saw when I was there that the pic Lumpy posted would be the best bet.  I'm not old enough for an SBR yet (yes I AM old enough for buy a rifle though, don't worry) so I can't go the Commando route.  One of my Dad's best friends was an Israeli Para, so I'm building this in honor of him, because he gave me a set of Israeli wings after I got back from jump school, and he's such a great guy.  I'm hoping I can get it close enough to what he carried to get his seal of approval.  Thanks for all the help guys.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are looking for exact authenticity  I have a WTT add up for a PWA A-1 lower in the EE

IPSC_GUY
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top