Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/2/2004 12:45:50 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a dealer that has one of these?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
i dont think that hk even has em on thier website.....
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#2]
They haven't been made yet and probably won't be.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Hm .... this guy at the range mentioned about wanting one, made me wonder that's all.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Check it out:

From _DR's thread.

But, is there a semi version out there?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

They have infact been made and shoot great!

A first run of approximately 5000 have been made for L.E. only.

I'm sure more are on the way in the future.

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They have infact been made and shoot great!

A first run of approximately 5000 have been made for L.E. only.

I'm sure more are on the way in the future.

So once they are made available for public consumption, we can expect to fine them in your fine dealerships across the 50 states?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Are they making their own uppers/lowers?.....or are those made for them by someone?......If so, who is "someone"?

Interesting.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#8]
The uppers and lowers are made by H&K in Germany, so far, HK Defense have brought in around 7,000 and they are marketing them to military and LE ONLY - these are not available through their dealer or distribution network and we be sold to the end user directly by HK - anyone who tells you otherwise is misinformed.  There will be no civilian sales, hell, they are not even offering their 30 round magazine to civilians.  

I have shot the 416 and it's a good weapon although a little muzzle heavy if you are used to the M4.  Functions well and is well made and is being looked at seriously by many military units.  The bolt and barrel extension are unique but the upper will otherwise fit straight onto any mil-spec lower.  

Pity they're not for general consumption.  
HFG
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So once they are made available for public consumption, we can expect to fine them in your fine dealerships across the 50 states?

SURE!  For at least $2500.00
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#11]
HFG nailed it.

These are HKD guns (HK Defense) that are LE/Mil offered only. They will never see the commercial market. At the AUSA show in DC a few weeks ago, these weren't even on the display tables ( although..under them ). Only the XM8 was available for viewing at HKD, Army booths.

The guns shoot sweet. We test drove the 14.5 and 10.0 versions at Gunsite. We shot them F/A non stop, then threw them in a 55 gal drum of water to chill them, then shot 'em again. They never burped once.

They are muzzle heavy due to the fat barrel profiles under the rails. This is for the harmonics created by the different gas system.

Beautifully made for a carbine, they will sell every one.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Does this mean they settled out of court with Colt?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#13]
H&K has said they have no plans to market the HKM4 (HK416) or any other semiautomatic military style rifle to the public in the United States. 85% percent of H&K revenue comes from Military and Law Enforcement sales. Considering the fickle nature of gun control politics in the US (read:stupid laws) I can't say I blame them.

Why spend millions to tool up for US production when next year your product could be banned? It's a wonder any gun makers at all are willing to jump through the hoops our politicians throw at them.

Forget about H&K long guns other than FABARMS.  Sadly, it ain't gonna happen.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
H&K has said they have no plans to market the HKM4 (HK416) or any other semiautomatic military style rifle to the public in the United States. 85% percent of H&K revenue comes from Military and Law Enforcement sales. Considering the fickle nature of gun control politics in the US (read:stupid laws) I can't say I blame them.

Why spend millions to tool up for US production when next year your product could be banned? It's a wonder any gun makers at all are willing to jump through the hoops our politicians throw at them.

Forget about H&K long guns other than FABARMS.  Sadly, it ain't gonna happen.

The real reason is a fear of litigation hence the refusal to sell the excellent mags they produce to the public.  HK is jointly owned by Germans and Brits and the Brits refused to allow commercial sales.  Source:- HKD  
HFG
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#15]
An HK semi-auto version would have to be made in the US for the civilian market, there are none, period.  There are some full-auto versions, so what, they are also not available for any civilian ownership.  The facility that HK planned on building to make these guns hasn't been built, so you should just buy whats already here, Colt's 6920....
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#16]
No thanks, I'll pass. I dont see any reason to move away from my preferd Bushmaster or Olympic for an HKM4. I buy American cars, made in the USA, and I like my rifles the same way. They can keep their overpriced mags too.  La Belle out of WI is good enough for me
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top