Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2004 9:15:55 PM EDT
All, I'm going to start checking with local gunsmiths, however I'd like to get an idea from you fine people on what price I should expect to get my barrel threaded to add a flash supressor?  I don't want to get screwed, just want to screw on a flash supressor.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#1]
adco does it for $62 including an A2 FH, but you have to ship it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I paid $65.00 locally
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:34:04 AM EDT
[#3]
www.nfainvestments.com

Located in Texas, quick turn around.  I think he charges $35 if you just send the barrel, or $55 if he has to rmove the barrel from the upper.

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:57:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't have pictures of mine, but I had a local machinist I work with do mine.  I had to remove the barrel to get it in his lathe.  Removing the barrel was the most difficult part.

The dimensions I used based on numerous posts found an AR15.com when the ban ended are:

Turn the barrel to 0.500 for a length of .625.  Thread the turned down length 1/2-28, undercut to thread root depth 0.060 wide at shoulder formed where threads end.

Kent
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:11:37 AM EDT
[#5]
ValGor is the shop that I send everything to, they get 55.00 to cut, thread and install an A2 FS... Brian has been in the firearms industry for a long time and does great work. You can contact him at [email protected] or through this special
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:30:32 AM EDT
[#6]
ADCO just finished 2 of mine.........EXCELLENT INSTALLATION and SERVICE!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:40:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I payed a local machine shop twenty bucks to thread mine. I took the barrel off to make it fit in thier lathe. I was changing out some other stuff at the same time, so it wasn't a problem.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top