Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2004 6:37:21 PM EDT
Ok, just trying to glean some usefull info from some of the vast displays of  knowledge... specially since I am new to AR's. In one of the other Milspec is this...no it is this.... discussions I saw the topic of dry lube in buffer tube come up a few times. I just bought some Break Free CLP and need to know if I need to add something else to my arsenal of support stuff. What kind of dry Lube?? Is CLP ok for buffer tube or dry lube better?? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I beleive a mil-spec receiver extension be it carbine or rfile will have the grey baked on dry lube like the inside of a good upper,Bushmaster or Colt.It dosent need lube but from time to time I wipe it out with a lightly oiled rag.CLP is all I use to clean and lube and every 2000 rounds I use a stronger copper solvent in the bore just in case so nothing builds up,other than that CLP is good on any part of the rifle.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info, That is what I will probably do.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top