Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2004 11:37:01 AM EDT
Just picked up a new Bushmaster V Match with a 20" H Bar 1 in 9 twist.  I reload for all my guns and was wondering which bullet gr shoots best in this gun.  A 40gr ballistic tip or a 50 gr ballistic tip. The gun will be used as my predator gun.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:40:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I was going to suggest using 55gr FMJBT from www.hi-techammo.com   For .026 per bullet, they are hard to beat. ( USGI surplus)

I prefer heavy bullets to light bullets. With a 1:9 twist rate, I would use 69 gr HP for predetor dusting.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I have tried several different types of bullets from different mfgs. in my Bushmaster Varminter (1/9). So far the most accurate are 50 gr. Siera Blitzking. I load them in Winchester brass, CCI 450 primers, with 24.5 grs. of H335 seated to just fit the mag. I use a comporator to measure the seating depth so unless your comporator is like mine the measurement would be useless. This is the best I have found but nothing I loaded shot really bad. IMHO I wouldn't use anything under 50 grs. in 1/9 twist. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do. Remember to start low and work up. Please, no redline loads to start.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top