Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 5:00:31 AM EDT
I have been looking around to buy my firest AR-15.  What experiences have you had with these companys?  So far these I have seem to like the best.  Thanks for your imput.

-Aaron
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:05:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Fulton, been in the buisness much longer, no contest in know how and quality.
Jack
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:28:53 AM EDT
[#2]
yup
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:02:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Fulton, been in the buisness much longer, no contest in know how and quality

I don't think so.  Fulton has only been working on ARs since 1997 or so.  Prior to that they were exclusively an M1/M14 shop...
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:17:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fulton, been in the buisness much longer, no contest in know how and quality

I don't think so.  Fulton has only been working on ARs since 1997 or so.  Prior to that they were exclusively an M1/M14 shop...

The quote said "been in the business".......... Fulton Armory has been in the business since 1987.

Now that I've finished being a nit-picker, I'll have to put in my vote for Fulton. A much smaller shop than DPMS, they'll build what you want. You won't be stuck with a 'spec' rifle and you can be sure that every part will be as close to mil-std or GI as possible. Add the fact of Fulton's excellent one-on-one customer service and they're the better choice!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Regarding the Fulton uppers, anyone know of any problems or reasons not to mate one with an Armalite lower?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:44:14 PM EDT
[#6]

[The quote said "been in the business".......... Fulton Armory has been in the business since 1987.]

Wrong!!!!!

DPMS Has been in buisness since 1986 and offers the most upgrades [custom features] than any other MFG out there at an affordable price with a reasonable build time.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#7]
BUSHMASTER

but of the two, i'd go w/ NEITHER; fulton armory is too damn expensive, but havent heard nothing but good stuff about them; dpms sometimes has less than top of the line stuff, unless you pay more, but still overall good quality
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Both are good; just get what you want.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#9]
DPMS were basically a salvage yard, and then were middle men between manufactures and gov't published procurment solicitations. They did not get into making guns untill about 4-5 years ago. Before that they only sold various devices made by different companies. Nothing wrong with it, but they havn't got the knowledge of a Fulton Armory.
Jack
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's a vote for Fulton. Clint and company are a class act with a top notch product.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:59:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
DPMS were basically a salvage yard, and then were middle men between manufactures and gov't published procurment solicitations. They did not get into making guns untill about 4-5 years ago. Before that they only sold various devices made by different companies. Nothing wrong with it, but they havn't got the knowledge of a Fulton Armory.
Jack

Wrong!!!
They've been building comeplete rifles since 1993  Fulton just started building AR15s!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:10:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Thanks Alpha 15 Ah yep we have been making complete rifles since 1993. Guys if you want to get facts about DPMS ( and get it right ) Please call me My name is Dustin I am the Sales Manager here or Better yet call Randy Luth he started this company. He would be happy to give you history.

Thanks
Dustin

no, thankyou Dustin!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top