Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2004 2:21:49 PM EDT
I have been a lurker here for a while and am finally in the process of putting together my first AR-15.  So far it looks like I’m getting a DPMS stripped lower from my local dealer.  I am going to go with a RRA LPK.  I am trying to decide which upper I want to go with and was looking at the Eagle Firearms 16" M4 A4 upper.  They state that they have chrome moly barrels...... Is this the same thing or equal to chrome lined?  So far they have the best price for what I'm looking for but I really want the chrome lined barrel.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Chrome moly is not the same as chrome lined.  Chrome lined barrels have hard chrome plating the entire surface of the chamber and bore.  Chrome moly barrles do not have this lining and are just barrel steel.  Spend the extra $50 and get the chrome lined barrel.  It is well worth the extra $.

Sarge
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  Just wanted to make sure.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah all my guns are either chrome lined or stainless. Chrome lined barrels with increase the life of your barrel. Hell even those cheap ass Romanian AK's have chrome lined barrels. Chromemoly is just a mixture of chrome and steel. It increases the durablity of the steel, but it will never be as good.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top