Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2004 12:11:10 PM EDT
I just got a set the other day and put them in my rifle when I went and shot it today. It went Full Auto!!!!!  has anyone had this problem???
thanks jim
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#1]
How much you want to sell those springs for?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#2]
uhhh, I wish i had that problem with my JP springs, lol. Mine simply made my trigger pull about half that of stock. Maybe we can trade
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:31:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Did your rifle pass a function check after you put the new springs in?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#4]
As amusing as that is I am sure it is slam firing and would discontinue use of the rifle immediately to avoid permamnent damage. Are you sure that you did't lose or forget to replace the disconnecter spring? Disconnecter failure is usually the cause of this condition. Sear failure would cause the rifle to fire each time you let go of the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:48:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like the disconnecter spring is in upside down.  The spring is tapered, sorta cone shaped, and the big end goes in the trigger and the smaller end bears against the disconnecter.  I would pull the springs back out and review their placement, and then try again.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top