Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2004 11:10:13 AM EDT
I have a preban HBAR for sale. I haven't been keeping up with the AR crowd for a few years now so I don't know the current market.  Anyway, it's a Match Hbar. Blue label I believe is what they were referred to. Has the flash hider, but not the bayo lug. What should I ask for it?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I think we'd need more info like what make it is. Pre-bans are nothing special anymore since the AWB sunset. We can have flash hiders, bayonet lugs, colapsable stocks and high cap mags again.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Uh... ok, since yer new... Blue Label means it's a Colt.  DUh!!!!

It's not worth anymore than any other AR depending on condition, methinks.

Might command a premium in the Occupied States, but no more than $1,000 I recon.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it's a Colt. 20 inch barrel.  I should ask $1000?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes, it's a Colt. 20 inch barrel.  I should ask $1000?

Well, it depends on several things including:

Overall condition of the rifle,
Local market (are there a lot of folks lookin for AR's?)
Is it going to a collector? (Someone who has to have a Colt)

My honest opinion, without seeing your rifle, don't expect more than $800 in any kind of used condition, selling it anywhere but in states that still have bans.  

Yeah, It's a Colt, Yeah, it's a Blue Label, but... as of last month... it's just another USED gun.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info.  It is in mint condition and has some extras.  I'm in the Denver area so there's a pretty good market.  I don't need top dollar so $800 it is.  Hopefully Colt quality and the chance of the AWB coming back will make it easier to sell.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Not a problem.  Oh, and Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top