Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2004 5:45:51 PM EDT
I’m thinking about getting a colt LE6920 from a local shop.  It went thru less than 100rds on that rifle and has no scratches.  It doesn’t come with box or any accessories.  The guy at the shop wants it for $899 out the door.  Is this good deal?  What do you think about rifle w/out original box and accessories?  Does it degrade future resale value (although this is shooter not a keeper)?
Any thoughts?

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I would pass...( To close to a new Rifle price for me, and I NEVER accecpt anyone telling me how many rounds they have in a rifle as fact.)

Most will prob say buy it...

I burn off all of my boxxes anyway, I dont buy to resale.

But none of this matters, because ALL of MY  rifles and handguns were lost in a tragic boating accident!...
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy it!!!  I don't care about boxes or accessories (couple of mags, cleaning kit, cheap sling. manual) are easy to replace.  At $1200.00 for New, $899.00 sounds great.  It is easy to tell approximately how many rounds have been fired.  Just look at the bolt carrier bottom; You don't even have to strip it.  Looking up through the magwell, you can get an estimate of use.  The amount of copper deposited is a good indication.  Look at bolt face for copper and extractor edges for wear and nicks.  It the edges are sharp it is basically new.  Move the carrier group with the charging handle.  It should be relatively smooth with no binding.  And of course, always inspect the bore for signs of abuse.  Unless they have been disciplined about thorogh cleaning.  If it is clean, no nicks and minimal surface scratches, it is a good deal.  Some original or second generation Colts are still in service in the military after 30+ years.  Not too many civilians that I know can match that kind of service.  Unless you are peticular about the finish, no way you can go wrong.  It's Not even broken it yet.  It will get better after a few thousan rounds.  You'll see, much smoother carrier movement after some good shooting.  This rifle will last you a life-time and more!

I want it.  Tell me who the dealer is and I will buy it!!  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Buy it!!!  I don't care about boxes or accessories (couple of mags, cleaning kit, cheap sling. manual) are easy to replace.  At $1200.00 for New, $899.00 sounds great.  It is easy to tell approximately how many rounds have been fired.  Just look at the bolt carrier bottom; You don't even have to strip it.  Looking up through the magwell, you can get an estimate of use.  The amount of copper deposited is a good indication.  Look at bolt face for copper and extractor edges for wear and nicks.  It the edges are sharp it is basically new.  Move the carrier group with the charging handle.  It should be relatively smooth with no binding.  And of course, always inspect the bore for signs of abuse.  Unless they have been disciplined about thorogh cleaning.  If it is clean, no nicks and minimal surface scratches, it is a good deal.  Some original or second generation Colts are still in service in the military after 30+ years.  Not too many civilians that I know can match that kind of service.  Unless you are peticular about the finish, no way you can go wrong.  It's Not even broken it yet.  It will get better after a few thousan rounds.  You'll see, much smoother carrier movement after some good shooting.  This rifle will last you a life-time and more!

I agree. Sounds almost to good to pass up to me.
See if he will let you shoot it first.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]
lol! thank you guys!  after I read your replies I think I should get it...
I'm also in process of getting Colt LE6450 9mm.  It's new unfired also doesn't come with box or accessories but it comes with 1-32 colt mag & 5 UZI converted mags.  All for $1300 including all fees.  Is this also a good deal?  Right now with this Colt madness... I can’t no longer estimate the true market value without you guys' help!…  Any thoughts are welcomed!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Coolhand, Saw a 6450 9mm for $999.00  Police trade with some scratches, mostly cosmetic around the magwell.  Almost bought it though.  I like the higher power .223 for my protection.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top