Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2004 6:56:39 AM EDT
I just ordered a new Bushy from AIM Surplus and I've ordered it without the muzzle break as I'm going to order one from Del Ton, here's my question, is there some type of crush washer that secures the break in place or what stops it from turning too far around so you don't have openings at the bottom to kick up dust when you shoot in a prone position?

I'm getting the Phantom 5C2 Flash Hider.

Thnaks for your help.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:03:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes you'll need a crush washer to properly index the Phantom....., Bushmaster sells crush washers, lock washers (for non-indexing FS like the A1) or peel washers, their not expensive.....

Mike

btw, unless your belly flat or in the Sahara, none of the A1, Vortex or Phantoms really have a problem with kickin up dust. Maybe if your berm shooting (with barrel over a dirt berm) that might be a problem......
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your quick reply, would it be ok to put loctitie on the threads when fitting the flash hider?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't as the pressure of the crush-washer itself should preclude it flying off....

Mike
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#5]
loctite is more of a "i'm not going to take it off" thing, but just in case you want to. So unless its something that plans on bieng there for many moons, steer away and stick with lock washers ect.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top